What's new

Shout! Factory's 2011 DVD Line-Up (Tentative) (1 Viewer)

cliffMac

Agent
I doubt it. The series did not sell well on DVD.

Originally Posted by Mark Collins
Cliff is there any chance we could ever see the Peyton Place TV Reuinon Movies. " Peyton Place Next Generation" "Murder in Peyton Place" and the much wanted "Peyton Place Revisited" from The late night series ABC Wide World of Entertainment.

cliffMac

Agent
Hopefully in the future.

Originally Posted by Luisito34
I suppose this question will be put out there eventually, regarding Fox titles> Will there be Shout Factory versions of movies previously released, particularly Terror Train or Cemetery Man?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Found some cover art for JACKSON COUNTY JAIL/CAGED HEAT (Double Feature), LUCKY LADY, 11 HARROWHOUSE and BUTCH AND SUNDANCE, THE EARLY YEARS/DEATH HUNT (Double Feature). And, STREETS/ANGEL IN RED streets in April. I also learned Shout has acquired THE VELVET VAMPIRE, both of which have been modified/added to opening post:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/394212/width/1000/height/800

27eba5a8_91RbHtL75QL__AA1500_.jpg

edf83d7b_81iGS4k5zL__AA1500_.jpg

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Ha! You're right. He kinda does. Looks like Wednesday, I'll be pre-ordering DEATH HUNT and 11 HARROWHOUSE, the latter will be for my brother, and the former is destined to be mine. Normally, I'd wait until DVD Pacific acquired them, but that DEATH HUNT price is too good to pass up, at the moment.

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
Hmmm, Amazon is now listing a pre-order for BUTCH AND SUNDANCE, THE EARLY YEARS/DEATH HUNT (Double Feature) on Blu-ray ....

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
Hello Mr. Mac!

Love, love, love what S!F is doing--big thanks to all concerned!

Was curious to know if the following New World titles were being looked at for future release:
The Bees (1978)
Supervan (1977)
The Velvet Vampire (1971)

And what a triple feature one could make of...
Bury Me an Angel (1972)
Angels Hard as They Come (1971) (w/Gary Busey commentary FTW!)
Angels Die Hard (1970) (w/William Smith bonus material)

Thanks in advance for any info!

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
The only one I can say for sure that has been confirmed is THE VELVET VAMPIRE.

MLamarre

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Lamarre
2 Films I'd like to see Shout! pickup:

Robbery (1967), the first theatrical film directed by Peter Yates (Bullitt, Friends of Eddie Coyle)

The Birthday Party (1968), the first theatrical film directed by William Friedkin (The Exorcist, French Connection)

Both great cult titles stuck in rights limbo.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Mr Ciff Mac much appreciated Sir!!! I should assume then no more episodes of the TV series from Shout?

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Just learned, from AV Maniacs, FIGHTING MAD will come with a commentary, and the participants include Lynn Lowery, Roger Corman, Peter Fonda and Jonathon Demme.

I also added the Jan 18th releases of UP FROM THE DEPTHS/DEMON OF PARADISE (Double Feature) and Corman's SCI-FI TRIPLE FEATURE to the opening post, with Amazon links.

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
Wow, excellent news! Very excited about many of these, particularly some of those that have never before appeared on home video--FIGHTING MAD, THE NICKEL RIDE, CAPONE--and also DAMNATION ALLEY and DEATH HUNT.

Re: CAPONE...I wonder if the telecine operator will generously frame the famous scene with Susan Blakely in--and getting out of--Mr. Gazzara's bed, as was the case with another Fox film with revealing material in the lower part of the frame--MISCHIEF.

Originally Posted by SWFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif

[COLOR= black]Cliff Mac, Shout! Factory producer, frequents AV Maniacs [/COLOR]more than he does this site, and it pains me greatly, well, at any rate he's been confirming many titles over there in the last few days of flicks they have acquired, so, I thought, a thread dedicated to them would be in order. Right now, I'm thinking of acquiring DEATH HUNT and OFF LIMITS. He says they have a few more FOX/Anchor Bay acquisitions, dying to know what they are. I'll keep this thread as updated as I can.

[COLOR= black]Never heard of Shout! until their acquisition of KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS [/COLOR]was publically announced back in late 2009, now, they're like what Anchor Bay used to be back in the day. Thank God, too.

[COLOR= black]__________________________________________________________________________[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Feb 1 - [/COLOR][COLOR= firebrick](*) [/COLOR][COLOR= black]Butch and Sundance The Early Days/Death Hunt (Double Feature)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black]Feb 1 - Lucky Lady[/COLOR]
Feb 1 - [COLOR= rgb(128, 0, 128)]11 Harrowhouse[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Mar 29 – Capone with Ben Gazarra and Sylvester Stallone[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black](Undated) - Damnation Alley[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Off Limits ('88)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Race With The Devil [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Fighting Mad[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - The Nickel Ride[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black](Undated) - Moving Violation [/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - The Velvet Vampire[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)](*) 3 commentaries have already been recorded for DEATH HUNT. [/COLOR]

[COLOR= firebrick]___________________________________________________________________________[/COLOR]

[COLOR= rgb(178, 34, 34)]2011 Roger Corman Releases (Tentative)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]Feb 15 - Jackson County Jail/Caged Heat (Double Feature)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]April/May – The Great Texas Dynamite Chase/Black Oak Conspiracy (Double Feature)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black](April) – Streets/Angel In Red (Double Feature)[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black]July - Battle Beyond The Stars (DVD & Blu-Ray)[/COLOR]
[COLOR= black](Undated) – T.N.T. Jackson/Savage! (Double Feature)
(Undated) - Timewalker
(Undated) - Deathstalker/Deathstalker II (Double Feature)
(Undated) - Georgia Peaches/Smokey Bites The Dust (Double Feature)
(Undated) - Caged Heat
(Undated) - The Arena[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Grand Theft Auto[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Women In Cages[/COLOR]

[COLOR= black](Undated) - Eat My Dust![/COLOR]

kingfish

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul Pisano
I wonder if saigon commandos will be released on dvd. It is a Roger corman film. what about ski troop attack? the previous versions are of a poor quality nature. I also believe that RC did a few other war movies.

R-T-C Tim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Young
kingfish said:
30#post_3749167
I also believe that RC did a few other war movies.
He directed 'Secret Invasion' (1964) and 'Von Richthofen and Brown' (1971), both of which are available on good looking DVDs.

cliffMac

Agent
New World no longer has the rights to THE BEES.
I think Code Red released SUPERVAN.

Originally Posted by Christopher McG
Hello Mr. Mac!

Love, love, love what S!F is doing--big thanks to all concerned!

Was curious to know if the following New World titles were being looked at for future release:
The Bees (1978)
Supervan (1977)
The Velvet Vampire (1971)

And what a triple feature one could make of...
Bury Me an Angel (1972)
Angels Hard as They Come (1971) (w/Gary Busey commentary FTW!)
Angels Die Hard (1970) (w/William Smith bonus material)

Thanks in advance for any info!

cliffMac

Agent
Yes, Ms. Blakley's scene is intact.

Originally Posted by Jon Hertzberg
Wow, excellent news! Very excited about many of these, particularly some of those that have never before appeared on home video--FIGHTING MAD, THE NICKEL RIDE, CAPONE--and also DAMNATION ALLEY and DEATH HUNT.

Re: CAPONE...I wonder if the telecine operator will generously frame the famous scene with Susan Blakely in--and getting out of--Mr. Gazzara's bed, as was the case with another Fox film with revealing material in the lower part of the frame--MISCHIEF.

Christopher McG

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by cliffMac
New World no longer has the rights to THE BEES.
I think Code Red released SUPERVAN.

I appreciate the info.

Any comment on The Velvet Vampire, Bury Me an Angel, Angels Hard as They Come, or Angels Die Hard?

Thanks in advance!

R-T-C Tim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Young
Is there any chance of getting Cockfighter on DVD? The AB release is only available for silly money and the alternative is an Alpha release (is this uncut and a decent print BTW?)

SWFF

Screenwriter
Real Name
Shawn Francis
Hey, Cliff, regarding the January releases of UP FROM THE DEPTHS, DEMON OF PARADISE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, NOT OF THIS EARTH and WAR OF THE SATELLITES, which ones are going to be full frame, which ones are going to be anamorphic, and what kind of extras will we be seeing connected to all these gems?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks