What's new

Shout! Factory unveils new home entertainment series SCREAM FACTORY (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
4ab3ea18_shoutf.jpeg

SHOUT! FACTORY UNVEILS

NEW HOME ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT LINE

SCREAM FACTORY BEGINNING FALL 2012

18af9c5e_screamfactory.jpeg

Brand Launches With a Powerful Slate of Fan-Favorite Horror & Sci-Fi Cult Films Including Halloween II, Halloween III, Terror Train, They Live, The Funhouse, Deadly Blessing, Phantasm II, The Island and Death Valley

Further underscoring its position as a leading curator and home entertainment provider of many memorable cult movie classics, Shout! Factory is proud to announce the launch of SCREAM FACTORY, a new home entertainment series created to celebrate some of the most enthralling horror and sci-fi films with massive cult followings in cinematic history.

Debuting this September, SCREAM FACTORY boasts a scary slate of fan-favorite thrillers from the 1980s, many of which have never been available on Blu-ray™ before. Titles include HALLOWEEN II and TERROR TRAIN, (both starring “Scream Queen” Jamie Lee Curtis); the 30th Anniversary release ofHALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH; THEY LIVE from director John Carpenter (The Thing); Peter Benchley’s THE ISLAND starring Michael Caine,THE FUNHOUSE from director Tobe Hooper (Poltergeist); the nightmarish PHANTASM II; and the much-anticipated DVD debuts of DEADLY BLESSING, directed by Wes Craven (Scream) and featuring Sharon Stone in an early role, and DEATH VALLEY starring Peter Billingsley (A Christmas Story). Each title will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, and most will be released in a “Collector’s Edition” packed with new bonus content, archival materials, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!

On September 18, 2012, fans will rejoice as Shout! Factory unleashes HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition and HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition on Blu-ray and DVD. These two formidable titles inaugurate the SCREAM FACTORY home entertainment series and are now available to preorder at ShoutFactory.com and Amazon.com.

Pre-order links:
HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition
Blu-ray – http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257867
DVD – http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257866

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition
Blu-ray – http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257869
DVD – http://www.shoutfactorystore.com/prod.aspx?pfid=5257868

Avid horror movie fans and collectors take note: those who order HALLOWEEN II: Collector’s Edition and/ or HALLOWEEN II: SEASON OF THE WITCH30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition will receive special collectible item(s) as gift(s)-with-purchase. For more information, please visitShoutFactoryStore.com or ScreamFactoryDVD.com .

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/863614/width/130/height/181HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Blu-ray & DVD
Starring Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence, Halloween II follows the same ill-fated characters as they encounter the knife-wielding maniac they left for dead in the first film. It seems the inhuman Michael Myers is still very much alive and out for more revenge as he stalks the deserted halls of the Haddonfield hospital. As he gets closer to his main target, Dr. Loomis (Donald Pleasence) discovers the chilling mystery behind the crazed psychopath’s actions. Written by John Carpenter and Debra Hill,Halloween II is a spine-tingling dark ride into the scariest night of the year.

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive “Haddonfield Memorial Hospital nurse’s hat!” Less than 500 have been made, so these are only available while supplies last.

Read more @: Shout! Factory - Scream Factory

HALLOWEEN II Collector’s Edition Special Features (preliminary confirmed line-up):

• Audio commentary with director Rick Rosenthal

• Audio commentary with stunt coordinator / actor Dick Warlock

• The Nightmare Isn’t Over – The Making of HALLOWEEN II, featuring Rick Rosenthal, Lance Guest, Dick Warlock, Alan Howarth, Dean Cundey and more..

• Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- Revisiting the original shooting locations

• Still Gallery

• Theatrical Trailer, TV and Radio Spots

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/image/id/863616/width/128/height/179HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH
30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition
Blu-ray and DVD
A murder-suicide in a northern Californian hospital leads to an investigation by the on-call doctor, which reveals a plot by an insane toymaker to kill as many people as possible on October 31st through an ancient Celtic ritual and deadly Halloween masks. Starring Tom Atkins, Stacy Nelkin and Dan O’Herlihy, this third chilling film from the popular Halloween franchise is produced by John Carpenter and Debra Hill and is directed by Tommy Lee Wallace.

EXCLUSIVE LIMITED OFFER: Order the Blu-ray or DVD directly from ShoutFactory.com and receive an exclusive 18”x24” poster featuring the newly commissioned artwork! Less than 500 have been printed, so these are only available while supplies last.

Read more @: Shout! Factory - Scream Factory

HALLOWEEN III: SEASON OF THE WITCH 30th Anniversary Special Collector’s Edition Special Features:

• Audio commentary with director Tommy Lee Wallace

• Audio commentary with actor Tom Atkins

• Stand Alone: The Making of HALLOWEEN III: Season of the Witch featuring Tommy Lee Wallace, Tom Atkins, Stacey Nelkin, Dick Warlock, Dean Cundey and more

• Horror’s Hallowed Grounds- Revisiting the original shooting locations

• Still Gallery

• Theatrical Trailers and TV Spots

Shout! Factory will continue to present the on-going SCREAM FACTORY™ home entertainment series in 2012 and 2013 with specific release dates, extras and key art for the rest of the title lineup. Meanwhile, fans will are encouraged to follow us and click the “Like” tab on the official SCREAM FACTORYFACEBOOK page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Scream-Factory/103961936407493) for up-to-the-minute updates or visit ScreamFactoryDVD.com .

About Shout! Factory
Shout! Factory is a diversified entertainment company devoted to producing, uncovering and revitalizing the very best of pop culture. Founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos have spent their careers sharing their music, television and film faves with discerning consumers the world over. Shout! Factory’s DVD offerings serve up classic, contemporary and cult TV series, riveting sports programs, live music, animation and documentaries in lavish packages crammed with extras. The company’s audio catalogue boasts GRAMMY®-nominated box sets, new releases from storied artists, lovingly assembled album reissues and indispensable “best of” compilations. These riches are the result of a creative acquisitions mandate that has established the company as a hotbed of cultural preservation and commercial reinvention. Shout! Factory is based in Santa Monica, California. For more on Shout! Factory, visit shoutfactory.com

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
Nice. Looks like THE ISLAND will be that rare MOD disc (the only MOD disc?) to make the leap to Blu-ray. I won't be rebuying HALLOWEEN II but an SE Blu of the hated-by-most HALLOWEEN III is sweet. And TERROR TRAIN should make an attractive Blu...really, all these titles (even the ones previously issued here or abroad) are catnip for fans (though DEATH VALLEY is pretty blah).

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Shout Factory, may have just become my favorite company. That's the type of release Halloween II should be getting, not like last years rush-job "30th Anniversary".

Real Name
Jason
I will definitely be picking up Halloween II and III the commentary alone on Halloween II is worth it. The artwork on Halloween III looks sweet.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
jacksparrow900 said:
I will definitely be picking up Halloween II and III the commentary alone on Halloween II is worth it. The artwork on Halloween III looks sweet.
While Halloween III isn't a must have, it does have it moments though. Looks like Shout Factory through there new Scream Factory is the place to get the proper editions certain films should of gotten from the original studios in the first place. Let's hope more titles are added to the Scream Factory, like maybe some WB titles.
BTW nice picture there jacksparrow, almost looks just like Jonathan Frid. Maybe you can play Barnabas if there's a sequel.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
SF Update: THE ISLAND and DEATH VALLEY will be a DVD-only double feature. Still, few MODs cross over into pressed disc...I wonder what the deal was?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Bob Cashill said:
Like what WB titles...? I doubt they'll be leasing them.
Beetlejuice for one comes to mine as I think everyone agrees that the "20th Anniversary" wasn't worthwhile at all. blu-ray picture was nice, but aside from quality, the whole edition was a waste of time.

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
I was gonna come over here and post the news. After reading this, I have died and gone to heaven! Halloween 2, 3, and Phantasm II are on my list without question!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I just read about the Halloweens and Terror Train discs over in the DVD section and now I come here and the news gets better. The Funhouse and They Live on Blu-ray and presumably with bonus features?! I'll even get Deadly Blessing and I remember liking Death Valley (though it's a very distant memory so I may rent it to check out).
I wonder if Halloween II will be Rosenthal's re-edit that he's talked about before.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Surprised that PRINCE OF DARKNESS isn't in this initial line-up. Hoping that THEY LIVE includes the great John Carpenter/Roddy Piper commentary from the UK R2 DVD.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Mark Cappelletty said:
Surprised that PRINCE OF DARKNESS isn't in this initial line-up.
Sounds like this was an exclusive deal with Universal's throwaway vintage catalog, so PoD is pretty likely for the next wave, if any of them are.
Will we ever see Terror in the Aisles as a stand-alone? That's a bit more iffy.

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Universal's throwaway vintage catalog
One man's garbage is another man's treasure. Except in this case, a lot of people actually want most of these. You can't go to any movie site without everybody going nuts talking about this. The announcement even briefly interrupted Facebook!

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Good and bad, some of the coverart leaves me wanting something more, the statement about throw away back catalog, might not be totally correct. Here is my take, Uni did a decent job on Halloween II, no; the first release had that snafu, and a replacement was issued. But to say it was lacking, come on hell you got a whole extra film Terror in the Isles as a bonus feature. Look forward to Halloween III: Season of the Witch, not perfect but man does it have some damn great moments, Atkins makes the film worth watching, like and updated version of Kevin McCarthy in IOTBS sort of way.

Waiting to see what else will come out of this, and not knocking Shout (Scream) Factory, but damn with Universal celebrating their 100th would have thought that some of the announced titles in this would have been coming from them instead. I guess that my only complaint is that this year just keeps getting more expensive, and I do mean that in a good way, as long as the transfers are up to snuff.

And as Dan O'Herlihy says, this year will be a, Happy Halloween!

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
This is a shot in the dark but since Paramount is licensing-friendly (Olive, Criterion, etc.) is there any chance of the Friday the 13th films being a part of this series? Or at least the ones Paramount hasn't released on Blu-Ray yet?

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I love Halloween III, really different and unexpected, a gem among that film series, i wonder if the two cuts done for the R rated version will be restored, not keen on the new artwork but that's what i usually say about almost everything, i like them to have original artwork on the boxes.

I have just visited the Shout Factory website, do i buy off of there and do they deliver overseas, or can anyone send me a link to where you can buy these. ?

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by Scott D S /t/321140/shout-factory-unveils-new-home-entertainment-series-scream-factory#post_3932595
This is a shot in the dark but since Paramount is licensing-friendly (Olive, Criterion, etc.) is there any chance of the Friday the 13th films being a part of this series? Or at least the ones Paramount hasn't released on Blu-Ray yet?
would like for Paramount to re-issue Part III in 3D, damn it was one of the best for it use during that revival, but yes i would like to see the rest of the films finished out as well, and what the hell, WB releases Nightmare Box Set overseas, and all we get here in the states is the first 3 films? that part doesnt make sence. then there is the New Line Friday the 13th Films.

just re-read the press release, and iflike me you were off a little about the artwork, re read again, “Collector’s Edition” packed with new bonus content, archival materials, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!reversable cover art

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Originally Posted by dana martin /t/321140/shout-factory-unveils-new-home-entertainment-series-scream-factory#post_3932630
just re-read the press release, and iflike me you were off a little about the artwork, re read again, “Collector’s Edition” packed with new bonus content, archival materials, a collectible cover featuring newly rendered retro-style artwork, a reversible wrap with original theatrical key art and more!reversable cover art

Missed that, that's good then.

I have this dream that someday Paramount will re-visit the Friday The 13th films and spend money restoring the cut footage so it looks good enough and put it back into the movies, censorship really gutted them back in the eighties and i remember reading some fabulous articles about the effects work in Fangoria back in the day, then the censors cut the films to shreds. I know its not financially attractive for them to do this but still i have the dream.

Halloween 2 and They Live for me..
Hoping the future releases include Fright Night II , Psycho 2, 3, Kindred , Mosquito, Ticks, To Die For, Demon Knight etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks