What's new

Shout! Factory TV Shows Thread (1 Viewer)

MCCLOUD

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert
I wish Shout or Timeless would release the entire MCCLOUD series. It has really been suprising to me that Timeless has not already released MCCLOUD. I guess Universal may want to much for it or in the case of Timeless maybe the owner who has gotten so much obscure stuff released is not a fan of MCCLOUD. Maybe with Kojak being completed it will open up a spot for MCCLOUD!
Robert

MCCLOUD said:
I wish Shout or Timeless would release the entire MCCLOUD series. It has really been suprising to me that Timeless has not already released MCCLOUD. I guess Universal may want to much for it or in the case of Timeless maybe the owner who has gotten so much obscure stuff released is not a fan of MCCLOUD. Maybe with Kojak being completed it will open up a spot for MCCLOUD!
Robert
the same here I wish they would release the rest of the other seasons of mccloud

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If another label picks it up, they have to give us the Season 1 episodes in their proper format or else it's just going to discourage too many fans. I want to be able to retire the R4 set so I can have S1 episodes I can watch on all my machines and not just one.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Pleased that Shout will complete Kojak in September (remember reading here that the theme tune was changed again, with more of a disco sound). Not concerned yet about the seventh and eighth seasons of Simon & Simon (which if Shout did end up releasing them, I'm assuming would be Shout! Select titles), because of the long gap between the Shout! Select releases of the fifth and sixth seasons. What I am getting concerned with is the continuation of Police Story, as it's been nine months since the first season set was released by Shout. With Police Woman, I would be concerned if there was no news by this fall/autumn.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
The last time Shout reps (who aren't the most reliable of people to begin with) were posting on their board, they were describing low sales on "Police Story" and that it needed more to get S2 consideration. Since March, the board has become useless owing to a rash of spam posting.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jack P said:
The last time Shout reps (who aren't the most reliable of people to begin with) were posting on their board, they were describing low sales on "Police Story" and that it needed more to get S2 consideration. Since March, the board has become useless owing to a rash of spam posting.
I am interested in more of Police Story as i did purchased S1. I have the following sets on dvd
1. Starsky & Hutch (S1-S4)
2. Streets of San Francisco (S1/S2)
3. Adam-12 (S1-S7)
4. Hawaii Five-O (S1-S12)
5. The Rookies (S1)
6. SWAT (S1/S2)
I would love to see the following releeased
1. Delvecchio
2. Serpico
3. Police Woman (Remaining Seasons)
4. Police Story (Remaining Series)
5. O'Hara Treasury Agent
I welcome your thoughts!!

tv fan

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron Tamm
I'm a big fan of Police Story. I did buy season one and, I hope to buy season 2 as well. Hopefully, Shout Factory will release season 2 as well as the remaining seasons of this show. It was great for its time and, in my opinion still is compared to what is on television these days which isn't very good. The writers and actors of this show were superb

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Some Shout TV titles being released in October (source: Amazon.com):

October:

All in the Family: The Complete Series - Tuesday 30th October
Fantasy Island: The Complete Third Season - Tuesday 23rd October
Law & Order: Criminal Intent: The Eighth Year - Tuesday 23rd October.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Thanks for the info WaveCrest!

I thought we might see another season of Hazel, perhaps that is coming out in November?!

They also have announced a Best-of release for Webster, this is the fourth such release from Shout! this year as they have done best-of releases for Leave it to Beaver, Designing Women & Dennis the Menace (coming next month). If anyone from Shout! is reading this- please put out Best-of releases for Kojak, Mr. Belvedere and Simon & Simon!

http://www.amazon.com/Webster-Timeless-Episodes-Emmanuel-Lewis/dp/B008HUSFKM

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Glad to see Shout is pushing forward with the remainder of Law and Order: CI.
Since season 10 is only 8 episodes, I can only hope seasons 9 and 10 come in one set to finish up the series as quickly as possible.
And as for AITF: The complete series... I think the major question is whether season 7 will appear the way it does now, or whether it will be corrected, and if those of us who bought the single seasons will get a chance at trading in the old sets for corrected ones.
Oh, and
FanCollector said:
Anyone have a guess as to the contents of the 28th disc of the All in the Family set?
I'd bet on the various pilot episodes that Sony never released.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by TVonDVDJunkie05 /t/308539/shout-factory-tv-shows-thread/150#post_3945567
They also have announced a Best-of release for Webster, this is the fourth such release from Shout! this year as they have done best-of releases for Leave it to Beaver, Designing Women & Dennis the Menace (coming next month). If anyone from Shout! is reading this- please put out a Best-of release for Kojak and Simon & Simon!

Regarding the last two seasons of Simon & Simon, a complete guess that they could be released sometime later on next year. Ideally both seasons together.

Sean.S

Stunt Coordinator
Now available for pre-order:
VR Troopers: Season One, Vol.1 10/2/12 540 minutes
Big Bad Beetleborgs: Season One, Vol. 1 10/16/12 540 minuets

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Might start getting Fantasy Island on DVD at some point, but I haven't been as interested in it as with one of Shout's other titles, Kojak.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by The Obsolete Man /t/308539/shout-factory-tv-shows-thread/120#post_3920672
I'd guess the only Law and Order Shout will be releasing is the last 4 Criminal Intent seasons. Besides those four seasons, The only thing not yet released in the US is Exiled, the Law and Order TV movie, but it is available in a legitimate region 0 release. Everything else L&O is already out there in some form.

Exiled: A Law & Order Movie was released last month by Universal (release date on Amazon.com is June 12th), possibly as an MOD title.

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
WaveCrest said:
Exiled: A Law & Order Movie was released last month by Universal (release date on Amazon.com is June 12th), possibly as an MOD title.
Yep. The listing says it's a DVR disc.
It's really a better deal, and a better disc if someone picks up the Region 0 release.
As for SF releases...
Still glad to see Get A Life is coming, and it's going to be uncut (as far as we know at this time).

Powell&Pressburger

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jack
Anyone know if Shout has or will re-issue Season 2 of KOJAK season 2 in a plastic keep case instead of the paper style box? That paper case style was so cheap yet to see on in a store that didn't look like it was rolled around and all corners crushed. That is also how my season 2 arrived from amazon on it original release. Thrilled the remaining seasons have been released in the plastic keep case style.

skees53

Agent
Real Name
David
Powell&Pressburger said:
Anyone know if Shout has or will re-issue Season 2 of KOJAK season 2 in a plastic keep case instead of the paper style box? That paper case style was so cheap yet to see on in a store that didn't look like it was rolled around and all corners crushed. That is also how my season 2 arrived from amazon on it original release. Thrilled the remaining seasons have been released in the plastic keep case style.
I don't think Shout! has ever done any repackaging of their products (aside from repackaging limited editions to standard editions), at least they haven't to my knowledge. But considering that all of the big studios are starting to repackage their older releases (at least the ones which they haven't let fall out of print, as Sony is doing a lot of lately), maybe they'll go back later on and repackage some of their older releases. i think their packaging of season 2 though was at least better than Universal's packaging for season 1, using the boxes and three standard DVD cases... Universal's earlier releases all looked so public domainish in packaging!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
All in the Family could have been done better on DVD when Sony released it in-house, and it certainly deserves the deluxe treatment. Is it too much to ask for some effort to be made to find better quality elements for the first five seasons?

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
MatthewA said:
All in the Family could have been done better on DVD when Sony released it in-house, and it certainly deserves the deluxe treatment. Is it too much to ask for some effort to be made to find better quality elements for the first five seasons?
It's 40-year-old videotape... will there be better quality elements out there?
Shows half the age of AITF (like MST3K) are already showing signs of tape degradation. So, is there really a chance that Sony is sitting on better looking masters of the first 5 seasons of All in the Family, or is what we got as good as it gets?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks