What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (2 Viewers)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Quincy, M.E. added to the list as Season 4 was released in December

Status changes

The following have all been changed to 'Abandoned' as there has been no word on any further releases

Mister Ed (1 1/2 years since last release, does not appear as though the final season will be released?!)
Police Story (only acquired the rights to one season and it apparently did not sell well)
Police Woman
The Rookies

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
Shame on Shout Factory to get us so close to completion in Mister Ed and then leave us 13 episodes short of completion.

PatrickGoodluck

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Patrick
LeoAmes said:
Shame on Shout Factory to get us so close to completion in Mister Ed and then leave us 13 episodes short of completion.
Couldn't agree more. I'll have to hold on to my (mostly edited) off-air vhs transfers. Still p***ed off Room 222 was abandoned also!

DaveHof

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Hofstede
PatrickGoodluck said:
Still p***ed off Room 222 was abandoned also!
You and me both. I know the video quality was crap but the show was so good that I'd happily take the rest of the series in that same condition.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
LeoAmes said:
I still don't understand why Shout! didn't release season six with season five given that season six is a short season. It is not like they haven't released a DVD set that had 39 episodes before (think seasons 3-6 of Leave it to Beaver).

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
.... Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (Complete Series TBA)
hey hey HEY!! Hello, We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on August 15, 2012 : Bill Cosby "Fat Albert And The Cosby Kids: The Complete Series" Estimated arrival date: July 01, 2013 - July 08, 2013 ... (actually, June 25, 2013 to be exact)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the list since the last update:

Big Bad Beetleborgs
Hey Dude
MADtv (Season 2 was released in February)
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
VR Troopers

Status updates

Diff'rent Strokes & Fantasy Island have been changed to 'Status unknown' as there has been no word on any further announcements. Shout! Factory has announced releases through the first half of 2013 and there has been no mention of any more seasons being released of either of these series.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Randy Korstick said:
It appears they no longer have their Sony license
Is that confirmed or just speculation?!

It's possible that they only had the rights to a couple seasons of Diff'rent Strokes & Fantasy Island and are now in the process of acquiring the rights to more seasons?! I wonder what sales have been like for the seasons they released?

I don't understand why Sony would allow them to acquire the rights to a couple seasons then decide that they are keeping the show to release themselves?! Thus far they have done very little with their MOD program (CBS hasn't done much with their MOD program either), so it doesn't make sense why they wouldn't allow Shout! to continue releasing these shows, especially if they have sold well?!

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Well, I got the season Fantasy Island I wanted most (Season 3) but I wanted one more year to have the core era of the show's run. Now alas it and Love Boat are back to the abandoned category both.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:
It's possible that they only had the rights to a couple seasons of Diff'rent Strokes & Fantasy Island and are now in the process of acquiring the rights to more seasons?! I wonder what sales have been like for the seasons they released?

I don't understand why Sony would allow them to acquire the rights to a couple seasons then decide that they are keeping the show to release themselves?!
Or maybe there is a new deal with someone else?

Stephen Wight

Second Unit
Real Name
Stephen
What's up with Fridays? TsoD posted news that Shout was going to release it,back in January. We haven't heard a peep about this show,since.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
^ I will now be turning on email notification for this thread just to see if this question gets answered.

And I just noticed Dobie Gillis is up for pre-order... but still no... Fridays... :(

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (Complete series released on June 25)

The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis (Complete series to be released on July 2)

Frank Soyke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
Just curious if Shout plans on completely abandoning classic TV releases after this month? Other than the releases of Dobie and Quincy this month, there appears to be nothing on their release schedule. They have stalled or abandoned EVERY other series they had in progress, so I wondering if they are done releasing classic series. It seems all they want to put out these days is 90's Nick kid shows. Not exactly classic TV, huh?

PS - 5 will get you 10 Quincy will end up stalled eventually.

Wvtvguy

Second Unit
Real Name
Marc
Interesting thought I hadn't considered. I hope not. So many shows we're already stalled once & picked up by Shout! Would a 3rd company step in?

potnoodle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Will F
Shout! definitely seems to have undergone a change in philosphy regarding their TV on DVD releases over the past year or so. Whereas in the past they would stick with a title that may not have had overwhelming sales for at least a few more seasons, or shift it over to Shout Select, now they seem to fold much quicker on shows that aren't big movers. They do have their Timeless Media division now so in theory they could license somewhat more recent titles than they normally do, but I think that's not very likely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks