What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

D

dora.slate

Jack P said:
Shout couldn't do anything with LAS. CBS said the problem is that they can't get the elements put back together in the proper one hour format so that means licensing it out would mean we'd have to take permanently on DVD the compromised half hour syndication version and I doubt that's what would thrill people who want the show. We have to hope that one day CBS might take a chance on seeing if they can restore it properly.

I wish Shout would finally free "Ironside" from four years of purgatory and finish that title or at least give me one year of Elizabeth Baur (S5 also has the only time Barbara Hale from "Perry Mason" guested)
CBS is lying

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Ron Lee Green said:
Occasionally, Amazon has MH MH (or MH2) on sale. I got it for $99.99 a month ago.

If Shout did do a complete series boxed set of PP, then naturally it would make sense for them to include the first 64 episodes again for the people who didn't buy the first 2 releases. Otherwise, it wouldn't be a complete series set. I'm sure us die-hard PP fans wouldn't mind double-dipping just to get the complete series out.

Of course, this is all speculation, but it doesn't hurt to dream. Maybe the folks at Shout will get the idea.

Great comments Ron but as you said it is only speculation. 60 discs of Peyton Place if you then include the first two volumes. Shout then promote the series as a 1000 units of a limited edition box set of the entire Peyton Place series through the Shout Select Program or even less if they print them up.

Fox is the hang up and would have to offer the show mighty cheap to get Shout interested in it again.

I just ask Shout to approach Fox about Peyton Place again.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Sorry I thought I did. Cliff is a good guy and has answered posts on the Shout Movie thread in the past from fans. I believe that he is responsible for unlocking the vault at FOX. We now have a whole bunch of shows coming out. The answer is I assume Cliff is still working for Shout Factory. Why after doing such a great job for them would he not be? Peyton Place fans who might want to email Shout Factory here is the email. I would just ask if they might reconsider taking another look at Peyton Place in a complete series release MOD or a limited edition 50th anniversary edition such as MPI did with Dark Shadows. PP fans just write what you want when you wish too. The email for fans of Peyton Place or any fans of TV series from Shout Factory is.http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/987http://www.avclub.com/article/why-institutional-memory-was-peyton-places-hidden-105363

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Shout Factory besides my constant plug for Peyton Place what about 1970s Family.This is a great show to get the rights for from Sony.Familyhttp://www.emmytvleg...ws/shows/family

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Here is something interesting from Shout that Dave posted
Site News - Shout! Provides '5 Reasons Why We Still Love Blu-rays and DVDs'
We love 'em as well...and we know you do, too!
Posted by David Lambert
blackpixel.gif
4/16/2014
blackpixel.gif
{C}
Yesterday our friends sent out a newsletter they called, "5 Reasons Why We Still Love Blu-rays and DVDs," and we figured it might be of interest to our readers. Not for yourselves, because we know you agree...after all, you're here! But when you hear some people talk about how they prefer digital streaming, and you know in your heart you just don't agree, remember this: you're not alone! We'll leave all the details at Shout!'s write-up at the link above, of course; please go over there and read the entire wonderful thing! But here are some highlights for each of the five points they made:
[*]The Comfort of Ownership - "If you can't loan it, you don't own it. -- Joe S." By far the most important thing for you the fan is the feeling of ownership that comes along with buying a Blu-ray (bonus points if you answered in the form of a rhyme like Joe S did). Online streaming licenses have expiration dates. Hard drives fail. But those trusty plastic discs are always hanging out in your living room to comfort you, reminding you that this movie or TV show really is yours to keep and re-watch endlessly.
[*]

[*]

[*]Having a Library Of Awesome - "I like to be able to see all my DVDs in one place, like a library of awesome. -- Steven B." Many Shout! Factory fans are collectors. In fact, we saw quite a few of your impressive collections last year during our Show Us Your Collection Contest. Some of them were so big, you needed entire rooms dedicated just to storing your collectibles! "There's just something about being able to hold in your hand a film, or a box set of a series. It's special because I own it. I COLLECT it. -- Greg A."
[*]

[*]

[*]Quality, Quality, Quality - Let's face it: a collector is only a collector because he or she likes items of quality. And if Blu-rays didn't give you the best of the best quality in video and audio, you wouldn't be nearly as eager to stockpile them in your TV room. But they do. "The picture quality and sound quality are so much better with Blu-rays. Most streams are less than HD-quality (maybe 720p with 2.0 audio) and you are at the whims of your Internet provider who may throttle your connection. -- Max R."
[*]

[*]

[*]Bonus Features - "I love the "completeness" of the physical disc, cover art, liner notes & bonus features -- Lee B." Everyone loves a good movie, but what's even better than your favorite flick? Finding out every possible detail about how and why your favorite flick was made, of course! Everyone likes getting something new, so when you buy a DVD that has new artwork, in-depth liner notes, uncut footage, commentaries from the filmmakers, interviews with the actors and all sorts of other goodies, it feels like you're seeing it for the first time all over again.
[*]

[*]

[*]A No-Buffer Zone - Our personal favorite thing in the world is when a streaming movie starts buffering just as it's getting to the best part, then returns in choppy chunks with low-res video and fuzzy audio until the Internet connection catches up. Sorry, did we say favorite? We meant that's the worst thing that's ever been invented...Seriously, buffering is the worst, and when you're at the mercy of a less-than-stellar cable modem connection, trying to watch a film can be so annoying, it makes you want to turn off the TV, play solitaire and read for a few hours instead.
[/list]I gotta say, I personally agree with every last one of these points. We've all known friends (or been victims personally) of the online streaming service whose license ran out to carry that TV show or film, with the user logging in one day to find out the item is no longer in their watch list or queue. We've all heard about the server crashes, the passwords and credit card numbers at risk of being nabbed by hackers, the fees imposed by the Internet Service Provider ("ISP") because you went over your data limit, the ways that some ISPs might restrict you in the future from getting to digital content owned by other ISPs because of the deterioration of Net Neutrality regulations, and all the other downfalls of online streaming.

Meanwhile, anytime I get a craving to enjoy Servo & Crow on MST3K, Carter & Greene on ER, Cliff & Clair on The Cosby Show, Kirk & Picard on Star Trek/Star Trek: TNG, Liz & Jack on 30 Rock, Malloy & Reed on Adam-12, Daenerys & Tyrion on Game of Thrones, Walt & Jesse in Breaking Bad, Homer & Bart on The Simpsons, J.D. & Turk on Scrubs, Optimus & Bumblebee on The Transformers, Steve & Oscar on The Six Million Dollar Man, Adama, Apollo & Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica (either of them), Chef Ramsay & J.P. on Hell's Kitchen, Keith & Allura in Voltron, Tommy & Kimberly in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, Don & Peggy in Mad Men, Florida & J.J. on Good Times, Sarah Jane, Rose, & Captain Jack in Doctor Who, Rob & Laura in The Dick Van Dyke Show or Barney, Wojo, Harris & Dietrich in Barney Miller...well, all I have to do is walk to my shelf and grab a disc. How convenient!

Taken from: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Site-News-5-Reasons-We-Love-Discs/19703#ixzz2zB1K66iC

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Shout love the list of reasons. My next question is this. Will you give the fans of Peyton Place that limited edition 50th anniversary complete series release?

Shout check out Peyton Place Revisited on Facebook for fans of this classic show.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

The Bob Newhart Show (Complete Series will be released on May 27)

Status updates

Quincy, M.E. has been changed to 'Active' once again as according to recent news from TVShowsOnDVD.com Shout is looking at releasing the final two seasons late 2014 / early 2015.

Also, Malcom & Eddie was removed from the list as only 1 season was released by Shout! and it has been discontinued and is out of print.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
I doubt fans have to worry about separate season releases for those last two seasons later this year. They just don't want to damage sales to those willing to double dip.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Aaahh!!! Real Monsters (Final season will be released on June 10)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Welcome Back, Kotter (Complete Series will be released on August 26)

Status updates

The Facts of Life has been changed to 'Active' once again as according to recent news from TVShowsOnDVD.com Shout will be releasing a complete series set in 2015.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
Mark Collins said:
Shout Factory besides my constant plug for Peyton Place what about 1970s Family.This is a great show to get the rights for from Sony.Familyhttp://www.emmytvleg...ws/shows/family
I believe that we may be getting our wish with regards to this great show.

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Does anyone know if there is a problem with the release of The Name of the Game? The Amazon listing has removed the cover art and release date and I can't find the page for it on Shout's website anymore.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

Prisoners of War (Second and final season will be released on September 16)

My Little Pony (1986) (Complete Series will be released on September 30)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Neil Brock said:
I believe that we may be getting our wish with regards to this great show.

Neil I always listen when you speak so I hope you are right about Family!!!

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
For our insiders who teased the continuation of two 70's-80's Tandem Productions...The Jeffersons has been announced. Any hint as to which of Maude, One Day at a Time, or Archie Bunker's Place is the other series Shout has planned to release?

Wezzo

Second Unit
Crossing my fingers that Diff'rent Strokes and Mad About You both get the Shout! complete series treatment soon; it seems the most likely way they're going to get completed on DVD. I imagine Diff'rent Strokes is more likely, given what I presume is its similar fanbase to The Facts of Life.

Real Name
Brad
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that 'Benson' gets the Shout!Factory complete series treatment sometime soon!!! Please Shout make this happen! As for the next Norman Lear series to come out next from Shout I'm gonna guess Maude, just my guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks