What's new

Shout! Factory TV Series Status Page (1 Viewer)

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
WadeM said:
I don't think I ever saw the 1998 new Fantasy Island, but it does sound interesting...and Malcolm McDowell seems like a good choice. I would buy it if it were released.
Having been a fan on the original series, I was prepared NOT to like the new version. But I actually liked it BETTER than the original. The change in tone and using the old show as history were strong points.

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
then who does have the rights to release ironside,fantasy island ,room 222 and mr belvedere

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Here is where I should have made my request to Shout Factory for the 50th anniversary of Peyton Place from Shout Select Program.

Nice list update on all Shout series from the good members of HTF

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
JoeDoakes said:
I'd really like to see them do a complete series for this and mayb Father Knows Best.
If Shout Factory did a complete Father Knows Best set, I would hope they would add the two TV movies as bonus features. Then it would be really complete.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Eight is Enough is now finished up with the release of Season 5.
I've got a few more still to go, but am glad the final season is out.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
derosa said:
Eight is Enough is now finished up with the release of Season 5.
I've got a few more still to go, but am glad the final season is out.
This one's actually a Warner Archive release, not Shout Factory...

Jobla

Supporting Actor
The third season of NEWHART will street on April 22nd, 2014. This is when the series began to get really good, with the addition of Peter Scolari to the cast. Julia Duffy's addition to the cast helped the second season be more entertaining than the first had been, and Scolari further improved the series beginning with the third season, IMO.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I'm ready for the announcement of Newhart S4 & S5. With S2 & S3 coming so quickly I'd like to think those next two are pretty much ready to go.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
I'm hoping that the second season of Fish will be released. Perhaps Shout can issue it on a Fish Complete Series set. Big Denise Miller fan here.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Peyton Place was suppose to have edits from those that had tapes from the Romance Channel to refer to. I could care less if PP did.

I want the whole show now on it's 50th anniversary in a limited edition. Just the way MPI released Dark Shadows.

Shout and Fox bring the rest of this series out of the vault!!

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
rmw650 said:
Bob, I'm just hoping they release the last two seasons separately of the original show, that's S5 & S6 soon as I will not double dip for this series.
They're talking about the 1980's Newhart where he runs an inn in Vermont.

I think this show got worse as it evolved and progressed, but I hope Shout Factory brings it to a conclusion quickly. There's a decent percentage of good episodes throughout it (Especially when Peter Scolari and Julia Duffy have just a minor part like the episode where Dick wants to convince Joanna that he's spontaneous).

So even though I definitely prefer the earliest episodes, I'm in for its entire run.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks to Mr Brian Ward for telling us what was going on 4 years ago. I think things have changed with the amount of Fox shows coming out from Shout.

Here was his post along with a fan response on the Shout blog for Peyton Place.

----- Original Post ----- by B Ward at 11/30/2010 9:02:21 PMSorry, guys. Unfortunately, the first two volumes didn't sell well enough for us to justify paying MORE for licensing additional episodes and they don't seem to be interested in giving us additional episodes for the same price or less. We may be at a bit of a stand off.
For now, anyway. My fingers are always crossed. Especially for Helen Lawson!
Brian

More Peyton Place!!
Brian how much more money are we talking about? Shoot, we can have fundraisers and raise the needed money for licensing. I think there's enough of an interest in Peyton Place for this to happen. All of the bloggers on this site alone can hold fundraising events. How MUCH are we talking about. We can't have a little thing like money stop us from completing our Peyton Place library. We could have a huge fundraising event. PP is worth it. Get back to us Brian ASAP and let's get this thing moving. Let's not be defeated. We live in America where ALL things are possible! COME ON! LET'S GO!!!

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I didn't buy the first two PEYTON PLACE sets BECAUSE there aren't any other volumes. Having never seen the show, why would I want to become invested in those characters, if only the first two seasons are available?

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Jobla said:
I didn't buy the first two PEYTON PLACE sets BECAUSE there aren't any other volumes. Having never seen the show, why would I want to become invested in those characters, if only the first two seasons are available?
Shout did you read this!!! This is what I have wanted Shout to understand. The huge mistake was to stop the show! Now you can see why I want Shout to release as MPI did with Dark Shadows a complete series set in a limited edition. The 50th anniversary of the show makes this a great time to do it.

Thanks Jobla!!!!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Mark,Agreed. Echoing what another poster wrote above, I have no desire to purchase one or two seasons only of Peyton Place.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated listing,

The following were added to the completed list since the last update:

Hill Street Blues (Complete Series will be released on April 29)

Mr. Magoo Theatrical cartoons (Complete Series will be released on April 22)

Status updates

Quincy, M.E. has been changed to 'Abandoned' as it does not appear as though any more releases are forthcoming.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Cliff is a good guy and a great asset to Shout. He has always been sensitive to the Fans requests. I am sure he has been instrumental in negotiating the release of all those Fox TV Series. I believe fans should not give up hope on shows still in the Fox vault Shout may release them in the future or some other company may.

I wish Peyton Place were among the series that have been released. I just hold out hope that Shout may give the series another look even if it is MOD.

I still have to plug for that 50th anniversary limited edition of Peyton Place. Fans have stated here the 2 volumes alone and no future releases were why they did not purchase the series. That is the reason a full series release makes the most sense. Here is more comments on Peyton Place

http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/177350

[*]http://www.hometheat...-entertainment/
[/list]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks