1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 28, 2019.

1. Message #1 of 4 Jun 28, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2019-06-28 at 5.38.04 AM.

You may want to say your prayers after this news: THE OMEN BLU-RAY COLLECTION (DELUXE EDITION) is rising on Oct 15th and just in time before Halloween!

Housed in new collectible rigid slipcover case and packed with hours of chilling special features, this 5-disc set includes 1976’s masterpiece The Omen (4K remaster of the film from the original negative by 20th Century-Fox); 1978’s Damien: Omen II, 1981’s The Final Conflict, 1991’s Omen IV: The Awakening (making its Blu-ray debut) and the 2006 remake of the original The Omen. The franchise stars Gregory Peck, Lee Remick, William Holden, Lee Grant, Rossano Brazzi, Sam Neill, Mia Farrow, Liev Schreiber and more.

Each film inside the slipcover packaging will receive a dedicated blu-ray case featuring original theatrical artwork. (Similar to how we presented the Critters box-set last year).

Only 10,000 units of the set are being made.

New & existing extras from prior home entertainment releases are in progress and will be announced in full on a later date. However, we can confirm today that we are including archival advertising material (trailers, radio & TV spots) that were not on the prior releases and new interviews with David Seltzer, Holly Palance, Lee Grant, Robert Foxworth, Elizabeth Shepherd and Brain Taggart.

Special Website Offer: If you order directly from us @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-omen-collection-deluxe-e… we are offering an exclusive gift-with-purchase where you will also receive a free 28.5" X 16.5" rolled lithograph of the new artwork, along with your set. The lithos themselves are only being made at limited quantity of 666.

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. TJPC

TJPC Producer

Terry Carroll
    It can only be an improvement! I have the last box set of Blu rays which were housed in the crapiest card board case that had all the thickness of a cereal box. I removed the discs and re-housed them in a proper Blu plastic multiple disc case that I bought separately. The original case was the worst I have ever seen.

3. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

But is it worth $$$ just for a better case?

I bought the current "Omen" set for under $10 on Amazon. This one will clearly be much more expensive.

If the new set offers dramatic improvements in picture and/or sound, then I can see a purchase, but crappy sleeve or not, it'd be hard to justify $50+ for the Shout set when you can get the prior one for $10!

4. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I once bought the DVD box set for Julia Stiles, for Christmas (lol). She was filming The Omen: 666 at the time. I was dating someone who just happened to be next-door apartment neighbors with Julia in Manhattan. She stopped by my girlfriend’s Christmas party and we had a quick duel with the two halves of a Darth Maul lightsaber. So yeah, that just happened.

I don’t think Julia knew much about the original Donner film or the sequels. Spoiler alert, I told her not to get her hopes up for an “Omen 666: II” if her movie turned out to be a hit.

t1g3r5fan, TravisR and Mark-W like this.