What's new

Pre-Order Shout Factory Press Release: The Oh, God! Collection (1977-1984) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Yeah, they were contract players on the Paramount lot in the 1930s so you’ll see them popping up in a lot of studio films from that period.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually only interested in the 1st movie but Its probably highly unlikely that Shout will release the 1st film as a stand alone. the 2nd and 3rd movies were ok at best and I don't feel the need to revisit them.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm actually only interested in the 1st movie but Its probably highly unlikely that Shout will release the 1st film as a stand alone. the 2nd and 3rd movies were ok at best and I don't feel the need to revisit them.

I am in the same boat.

I do own the first film in HD via iTunes (Movies Anywhere)

However, at one point, they were only showing the Pan-and-Scan version. If you wanted widescreen you needed to watch your digital copy on Amazon. Not sure if that has been fixed or not.

So, I am abstaining from buying this set as long as I have the film I want digitally.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Incredible news! I have been calling for a Blu release of Oh God! for years. I just recently watched my DVD a few months ago.

I am only interested in the first film too, but will gladly buy the collection to get it.

"So help me, me." :D

joeytino

Auditioning
Real Name
Joe
While I agree that it would be nice to include an episode of the show, his career (in fact, both of their careers) started waaaaaaaaay before that.
Perhaps including clips of Burns on the various talk shows of the day when he was promoting the movie. For some dumb reason I can clearly remember seeing him on Merv Griffin talking about the second movie and at that the time he said it was titled Oh God, Oh God. Perhaps he just said it wrong or they later changed it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Watched the first film last night, and it looks terrific. Still a great, fun movie. George Burns was really one of a kind. John Denver was also really good as an Everyman. And this makes two 1977 movies in which Teri Garr played the frustrated wife.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Watched the first film last night, and it looks terrific. Still a great, fun movie. George Burns was really one of a kind. John Denver was also really good as an Everyman. And this makes two 1977 movies in which Teri Garr played the frustrated wife.
The frustrated wife of a guy who is in contact with something beyond this world.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Shout will rerelease Pink Panther. Prices for it are enormous
I might be forgetting something but unfortunately, I can't recall a time when Shout has put a disc back in print. If it's happened, it's very rare. Even when they've done steelbook re-releases, the standard release had been and continued to be available.

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The frustrated wife of a guy who is in contact with something beyond this world.
She was a frustrated (single(?) secretary on StarTrek OR and a frustrated housewife in commercials

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I might be forgetting something but unfortunately, I can't recall a time when Shout has put a disc back in print. If it's happened, it's very rare. Even when they've done steelbook re-releases, the standard release had been and continued to be available.
Vincent Price Vol 1

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks