What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Summer School (1987) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SumSchool_BR_Cover_72dpi.png
February 8, 2022

Synopsis​

"ENDEARING, CONVULSIVELY FUNNY ... SUMMER SCHOOL IS A RARE DELIGHT." – Bob Thomas, Associated Press
School's out, and Ocean Front High gym teacher Freddy Shoop (Mark Harmon) has big plans: summer in Hawai'i. But the school's vice principal has plans for Freddy too: teaching remedial English. Aloha, paradise — hello, Summer School. Director Carl Reiner (The Jerk) delighted fans and critics alike with this warm, perceptive comedy about a laid-back teacher relegated to teaching a class of likeable misfits, including a slasher-flick addict (Dean Cameron), his wacky sidekick (Gary Riley), and a sexy female surfer (Courtney Thorne-Smith). Kirstie Alley is the no-nonsense history professor down the hall who's keeping an eye on all the shenanigans — and on the handsome, irresistible Freddy. The road to academic success has never been bumpier, but to earn straight A's in laughter ... take Summer School.

Bonus Features​

• NEW "School's In For Summer" – An Interview With Actor Richard Steven Horvitz
  • Audio Commentary With Director Carl Reiner And Actor Mark Harmon
  • "Inside The Teacher's Lounge" Featurette
  • Summer School Yearbook
  • Theatrical Trailer
  • Photo Gallery
2021-11-29_17-43-56.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

AlexF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Alex
This is such a fun film.

My daughter was really into NCIS, primarily because of Harmon's character Gibbs. I introduced her to this film as the true origin of Gibbs before he went into the military. :)

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Fun film. I think Kirstie Alley did this film right before she was cast in Cheers, and the pregnant student (Shawnee Smith) would later star in Becker.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks