What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Sorry, Wrong Number (1948) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
SoWrNu_BR_Cover_72dpi.optimized.png

Synopsis​

"A SHOCKER THAT GRIPS THE EMOTIONS FROM THE FIRST FOOT OF FILM" – Bob Thomas, Associated Press

Barbara Stanwyck and Burt Lancaster star in one of the greatest and most engrossing film noir thrillers ever put to celluloid.
Young, rich, bedridden Leona Stevenson (Stanwyck) dials a telephone number one night and overhears two men plotting the murder of an unidentified woman. She becomes frantic. Her terror is intensified by mysterious calls from an old college rival and a friend of her father. With time running out, Leona pieces evidence together that leads her to suspect that it is her husband (Lancaster) who wants her murdered. Sorry, Wrong Number is a classic, extraordinary example of cumulative suspense and sheer terror. Barbara Stanwyck received an Oscar® nomination* for her magnificent performance.

*1948: Best Actress in a Leading Role, Sorry, Wrong Number

sorry.png

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I've had the HD streaming version for a while, and it looks very good. I'm pleased with it.
Yeah, I have that digital as well as the Imprint BD. If this was a Criterion release I might have to think about it.

I wonder if Shout will have the following bonus material as the Imprint BD?

1673010932882.png

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I have that digital as well as the Imprint BD. If this was a Criterion release I might have to think about it.

I wonder if Shout will have the following bonus material as the Imprint BD?

View attachment 170386
Agnes Moorhead did the original radio drama of "Sorry Wrong Number". She did it several times on the radio as it was popular. I am surprised her version is not included as an extra. Perhaps it will be on the new release. This is the first one.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks