What's new

Press Release Shout Factory Press Release: Night Creatures (1962) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
NightCreatures_BR_Cover_72dpi.png

Synopsis​

"Night Creatures is one of the best Hammer productions." – Donald Guarisco, allmovie.com
In the 18th century, a Navy captain (Patrick Allen, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth) and his sailors investigate the rampaging “marsh phantoms” terrorizing a coastal town, but their search is hindered by Reverend Dr. Blyss (horror legend Peter Cushing) and a horrifying curse. Directed by Peter Graham Scott, this chiller also stars Oliver Reed (The Curse Of The Werewolf), Yvonne Romain (Circus Of Horrors) and Hammer Films regular Michael Ripper (Quatermass And The Pit).

2022-01-31_14-31-39.png

April 19, 2022

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
New 2K scan, so it should be different from the previous 2 releases, the Universal and Indicator, the question then is if both the UK and US versions will be on the disc?

so that puts the final nail in that Universal 8 Film Hammer Horror Blu release coffin, wonder what is going to be next?

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
New 2K scan, so it should be different from the previous 2 releases, the Universal and Indicator, the question then is if both the UK and US versions will be on the disc?
Is there any difference between the UK and the US versions other than the title?

I’m really hoping that this is a clean/sharp/detailed transfer with the day-for-night scenes properly timed (as they have not been on previous US discs), and, with a more proper aspect ratio (such as 1.75 and not 2.00).

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Is there any difference between the UK and the US versions other than the title?

I’m really hoping that this is a clean/sharp/detailed transfer with the day-for-night scenes properly timed (as they have not been on previous US discs), and, with a more proper aspect ratio (such as 1.75 and not 2.00).
I believe the UK cut other than the title change of Captain Clegg also has like an extra minute or two of footage I'm not exactly sure what it pertains to oh, but I know that the run times are different I've never sat down and done an A/ B comparison to see what the difference is

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
The running times on the Indicator release are the same for the US Night Creatures and the UK Captain Clegg versions.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

Yes 1.75:1 was the UK ratio and 1.85:1 is the US ratio. Hopefully Shout has the 1.85:1. They have been misprinting ratios on press releases recently.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
The running times on the Indicator release are the same for the US Night Creatures and the UK Captain Clegg versions.
thanks Peter, did a quick check and realized that I hadn't picked up Vol 6 from indicator yet, could be because of all of the Shout releases.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Yes 1.75:1 was the UK ratio and 1.85:1 is the US ratio. Hopefully Shout has the 1.85:1. They have been misprinting ratios on press releases recently.
Actually, I was referring to content of the movie, not the aspect ratio or physical releases.

Is there a difference in editing/scenes/shots between the theatrical release in the UK and the USA other than the title?

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I do enjoy this movie a lot. Have to decide if I’ll be upgrading from the Hammer Horror Collection.

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
This will be my 4th Dip into this movie. :) I have the Final Cut, Universal, Indicator, and now Shout ! Also getting Paranoiac and Nightmare. Only Three Dips on those two. :D It's Hammer, and I must have the Best PQ.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
This will be my 4th Dip into this movie. :) I have the Final Cut, Universal, Indicator, and now Shout ! Also getting Paranoiac and Nightmare. Only Three Dips on those two. :D It's Hammer, and I must have the Best PQ.
I've stuck with my DVD because "the word" on all the Blu-ray iterations so far is that none is really good. I hope the new disc is a major improvement, not because it's Hammer but because it's Yvonne Romain!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks