What's new

Shout Factory Press Release: Earthquake Collector’s Edition (1974) (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
It terrified me! Mom told me those earthquakes only happen in California. doooon't worry! lol

I got Earthquake, Pseidon Adv and Towering Inferno on blu 3 years ago...also have the airport dvd set. And I can say my least favorites are Earthquake and Airport 77. My least is Towering Inferno. I'm dying to see Hindenburg again with George C. Scott, saw it once so long ago and loved it.

I won't rebuy this one.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I only saw it once, and then on tv. I think the version I saw had deleted scenes...something to do with an airplane that couldn't land because the earthquake had made a big crack on the runway. Does anyone else remember this?? Or am I misremembering one of the "Airport" movies?
LOVE that scene. And they show one of those crazy houses those californy folks hang off the sides of mountains. There's a fantastic Emergency! episode where they're trying to rescue this guy who was up under his trying to repair it. So much suspense even Hitchcock would go ddaAAAmm..! I always think of Earthquake when I see a picture of one of those crazy houses. I was thinking about having sweet dreams one night sleeping in a house like that and suddenly I'm on a house sized rollarcoaster!!! Just hold your hands up and scream!!! aaAAARRRGGGGGG.....!! lol

DVBRD

Second Unit
Real Name
Andy
Universal's cover art isn't great but it's way better than the Good Times DVD cover.

EARTHQUAKE+-+Blu-ray.jpg

5104JSA446L._SY445_.jpg

GoodTimes' covers had the tendency to be very cheap. Have you seen what they did with Blow Out?

31943_d1_16.jpg

JohnMor

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Moreland
It terrified me! Mom told me those earthquakes only happen in California. doooon't worry! lol

I got Earthquake, Pseidon Adv and Towering Inferno on blu 3 years ago...also have the airport dvd set. And I can say my least favorites are Earthquake and Airport 77. My least is Towering Inferno. I'm dying to see Hindenburg again with George C. Scott, saw it once so long ago and loved it.

I won't rebuy this one.

The Hindenburg is out on blu if you are so interested.

TheSteig

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Earthquake is a great one, watched it via streaming last night. Very enjoyable, Ill be getting this!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I doubt the absence of the absolutely horrendous and unnecessary tv version had anything to do with it.
Agreed and if its just a cheap videotaped copy from a private collection like they did on Two Minute Warning then they are not doing us any favors as that was almost unwatchable.

Last edited:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I can't wait to have this in my collection, hopefully this means that next year Shout will get Airport for its 50th anniversary and releases both a complete box-set of all 4 films and a stand alone of the original as well.

There already is a complete box set of all four films.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I can't wait to have this in my collection, hopefully this means that next year Shout will get Airport for its 50th anniversary and releases both a complete box-set of all 4 films and a stand alone of the original as well.
Are You aware there is a box set of all four from Universal?

Or do you also want Shout to release another box set with all four which is unlikely.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Will purchase again, but only if there are striking improvements in its sound and picture, as Earthquake did win the Oscar for Best Sound and a Special Achievement Award for its Visual Effects; along with a nomination for Philip Lathrop's cinematography.

Last edited:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Are You aware there is a box set of all four from Universal?

Or do you also want Shout to release another box set with all four which is unlikely.

I have Universal's out of print Airport Terminal Pack from 2004. I would love for Shout to do their own collection of the films remastered in 2K for the sequels and the original in 4K and each film loaded with lots of features as well.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I have Universal's out of print Airport Terminal Pack from 2004. I would love for Shout to do their own collection of the films remastered in 2K for the sequels and the original in 4K and each film loaded with lots of features as well.
The blu-ray box set from 2016 has 2K remasters of the sequels.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks