What's new

SHOUT Factory: Movies 4 You (1 Viewer)

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Did a search and couldn't find any thread for the new SHOUT Factory series of budget DVDs, specifically of this 4 western DVD. The reviews on Amazon don't mention much about the quality of the transfers, as usual. Has anyone picked this up yet and watched enough to comment on it?
Movies 4 You: Western Classics (The Lone Gun, Ride Out For Revenge, Gunsight Ridge & Gun Belt)
51R83bizFBL.jpg

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
I picked it up . I haven't got around to watching it yet . But I did open up the package . The four movies are on one one sided disc . Not sure how good the quality will be with that many movies on one disc . The total time on the disc is 316 minutes . It was worth a shot for $8 .

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
borisfw said:
I picked it up . I haven't got around to watching it yet . But I did open up the package . The four movies are on one one sided disc . Not sure how good the quality will be with that many movies on one disc . The total time on the disc is 316 minutes . It was worth a shot for $8 .
Quick question, where did you find it for $8? I'm also curious to pick it up, but I'm waiting to find out if it's worth it.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I received this set yesterday. I've watched only one of the films (Ride Out For Revenge) in its entirety and scanned the other three.

The two color films (Gun Belt, The Lone Gun) are adequate transfers. Adequate being the operative word ..... adequate in color, adequate in clarity. The two B&W films (Ride Out For Revenge, Gunsight Ridge) fare better in their transfers in sharpness and clarity.
Note: Ride Out For Revenge and Gunsight Ridge are 1957 releases so they should have been released in a wide screen format as they were in theaters. Both appear to be open matte presentations rather than P&S.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
The correct ratios are:

GUN BELT 1.37
THE LONE GUN 1.66
GUNSIGHT RIDGE 1.85
RIDE OUT FOR REVENGE 1.85

borisfw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Frank
t1g3r5fan said:
Quick question, where did you find it for $8? I'm also curious to pick it up, but I'm waiting to find out if it's worth it.
I pre ordered on Amazon .

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks for all the information.

Can't believe anyone except public domain merchants are still doing full screen transfers. I have good copies of all these from Encore Westerns, but will probably spring for it since it's so cheap. Disappointing though and does not bode well for future entries in this MOVIES 4 YOU series from Shout.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
They're basically taking what they are given. Many of these are older full-frame transfers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks