FEAR NO EVIL

RITUAL OF EVIL

KILLDOZER

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Originally Posted by Stephen Wight

B.J. & The Bear. This is ranked 25th on the list of unreleased shows over at tvshowsondvd.com. When I last checked,around a couple of months ago, it was ranked 36th. So,obviously,there's a demand for it. Amen with Sherman Helmsley. The Universal property that I'd most like for Shout to release,though, would be seasons 6 - 10 of SNL,and any others that Lorne Michaels may want to skip over.

I think the issue with BJ and the Bear are all the music rights. It played several popular songs every episode and those songs helped set the mood for the scene. So you can't just substitute some generic song or tune.

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Peterson
I would like them to release the second (which is the final) season of Amazing Stories. I would also like them to continue Dream On.

Neil Brock

Senior HTF Member
I'll second the continuation of Dream On. I'd also like to see the rest of Baretta. Among unreleased series:

90 Bristol Court

The Outsider

Love That Bob

Bachelor Father

The Jean Arthur Show

Pistols 'n' Petticoats

87th Precinct

The Road West

Convoy

Lucas Tanner

Duane Alford

Second Unit
My list:

Unreleased:

BJ & The Bear

The Misadventures of Sheriff Lobo

The Misfits of Science

Cliffhangers

Released not finished

Emergency (the 6 remaining TV movies)

Sliders (Season 5)

ThatDonGuy

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Don Del Grande
Originally Posted by Gary OS

I don't know if they'd be interested in some 50's sitcoms that are not as well known as others, but here's a small list I'd include: Meet Mr. McNutley, Bachelor Father, The Bob Cummings Show and the very rare Pride of the Family (with its Christmas episode I don't have).

Alpha Home Entertainment released a 15-episode "best of" set of The Bob Cummings Show (under its revised title, "Love That Bob"). Presumably, somebody is waiting to see how well those sell before deciding to produce the complete series.

(I for one am always afraid that a "best of" release usually means a complete release won't happen, as the people who want all of the episodes won't buy the initial release as they don't want to pay for episodes twice, only for the studio to assume that there isn't any interest in further releases. Then again, a "best of" didn't hurt The Phil Silvers Show any...)

-- Don

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
All reports I've seen indicated poor sales of the best of Phil Silvers Show release was why season releases weren't happening.

I'm glad to see CBS is giving the series another chance years later.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoAmes

All reports I've seen indicated poor sales of the best of Phil Silvers Show release was why season releases weren't happening.

I'm glad to see CBS is giving the series another chance years later.

I'm not sure one way or the other on the sales figures of that "Best of" set for Sgt. Bilko. But it's a safe bet to say it didn't set the world on fire, because if it did CBS would have surely gotten this 1st Season set out quicker. What I imagine we have here with this 1st Season set coming out is that it's just another case of "throwing things up against the wall to see what sticks" situation. The well documented formula is that a 1st Season set will almost always do better than a 2nd, which do better than a 3rd, etc. So CBS just saw another semi-popular series in their vaults and thought they'd give it a whirl and see what happens. I can guarantee you that's what they did with things like Barnaby Jones, Cannon, Mannix, One Step Beyond, Love American Style, and many other shows. Some have done better than others and therefore have gotten further releases. Others have clearly not done much and may never get a 2nd release. But at this point it's got to be about throwing out 1st Season sets and hoping something will sell better than they expected. Kinda like finding a diamond in the rough.

Gary "it's still early, but my crystal ball doesn't show any Barnaby Jones or Phil Silvers (among others) in the immediate future" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks