What's new

Should we wait for Ally McBeal or buy the UK version? (1 Viewer)

ChadKo

Stunt Coordinator
I know I posted a similar question earlier, but this is a different take. Reading on the main page that David E Kelly WILL be putting out Ally on DVD, I just question if we should wait for the US version or buy the UK version?
Do you think it will be better quality on the US version?
Do you think ALL of the music will be there on the US version?
Its safe to say that there will be more special features on the US versions.

Chad

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
If an American Ally release has too much music replacement, then I'm just not interested. But boy, that show used a LOT of music...! So as Fish might say, "this is troubling..." From all I understand, there isn't any music replacement in the U.K. dvd. And also, you can get a complete series box, so you don't have to wait 200 years for all five seasons to dribble out. That U.K. set looks very attractive. But I suppose you have to have a "multi-region dvd player" and even then, I'm not sure if my little ol' American (actually Japanese) television will play a Region 2 dvd that's intended for PAL.

EurovisionGS

Auditioning
Real Name
Gerhard
Most multi-region players on the market in the US these days will actually CONVERT the PAL signal to NTSC output, in this case you don't need an extra TV or extra converter to watch DVDs from other regions... your regular TV will be fine. But you need to check the DVD player manual/specs to see if the converting feature is included.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The R2 set has no music replacement. There are no supplements apart from very short featurettes that were probably promos aired on TV.

Be careful though because the aspect ratio is all over the place with these. The only set which has an OAR 16:9 is Season 5, yet my set has Season 3 and 5 as 16:9 and I have heard some people ended up with Season 1 as 16:9 as well. It does not tell you on the box art either or is incorrect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks