What's new

Should I worry about burn-in on my direct-view? (1 Viewer)

Hi all, I recently purchased a toshiba 36AFX61 and was wondering if protecting my television against burn-in is really an issue with this direct-view as it is with RPTV's. Out of personal preference my set has 75 contrast and anywhere in the sub 50s region results in a dark picture, however that is what is recommended to avoid burn-in! What kinda advice can you guys give me with this set?

Allan Jayne

Senior HTF Member
Avoid watching TV stations which have a logo on the screen (usually at lower right) that has bright white or vivid color parts in it.
Minimize the watching of movies whose aspect ratio does not exactly fill the screen, EXCEPT if you can tweak the service menu so the entire picture can be raised and lowered, you can watch all the wide screen you want by positioning the picture differently each time.
Other video hints: http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/video.htm

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I wouldn't sweat it. It takes a long time to burn in a direct view, if contrast isn't maxed out.
About the only time you're likely to see burn in on a direct view is after months of continuous static image on the screen at high contrast. So, unless you have Fox News on 24/7 or keep your Playstation on pause while you're at work, I wouldn't worry about it.
KJP

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks