What's new

Should I Upgrade? (1 Viewer)

BruceTM

Agent
Back in February I purchased a pair of Pioneer sdf3k bookshelf speakers based largely upon the review in CR. Initially, they sounded a little better than my old, very old paper cone Technics. They weren't world beaters, just better. Right now, I would like to hook the Technics back up. The sound of the Pioneer's seems to have faded. Is this possible or does it take months for one to hear the weaknesses of a speaker? The bass it still good, average highs, absolutely no mids.

Right now I am on a speaker hunt, and I don't intend to be burnt again. I have narrowed it down to B&W602s3,PSB4t or either an axiom m22ti or a pair of m50ti's. Has anyone here ever heard any axiom speakers? How would you characterize their sound--bright or warm, etc.? How do they compare to the sound of PSB's which I have heard?

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I have heard the Axiom M22 and M60. They can be characterize as "bright". They are excellent speakers...very clean and detailed. The M50 has been said to not be as bright.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks