Should I trade my WRX for a 300M?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by mike_frontier, Feb 28, 2006.

1. mike_frontier

mike_frontier Supporting Actor

Sup guys.

I am considering getting an 2002 300M w/ the Performance package.

I am considering trading in my 2004 WRX for it.

Why?

Well b/c the WRX by all means is a fun A$$ car, but its just to small. Not just for me, but sometimes when my family of 4 wants to go out to the mall, but not take our Expedition out, we tend to drive the WRX. My son complains he does not get enough room in the back (He is 8 yrs old) and my daughter is still a baby.
    Since I only drove one 300M I figure its an nice car, but not to sure about saying its worth saying good by to the AWD WRX for it. But I would love the extra room and comfort level the 300M has to offer. Plus at the END... my payments will be a lot less on it and shorter finance term to. I think it would be wise, but I dunno.... I figure I ask here before I bite the bullet on one. [​IMG]

Yes... I know I will not be running a 6 seconds flat on the 300M as I would in my WRX, but I am not into racing.

I figure I ask here to see if anyone ever drove or owned a 300M and share your thoughts about one or it. Thanks!!

2. DaveHo

DaveHo Supporting Actor

Why sell a fun car to get a people hauler when you already have one. That's how I would look at it.

-Dave

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

Get a 2003 Maxima. Nice torque, excellent styling, available 6spd, Maximas have horrible resale value (good for buyers), solid drivetrain, and room to spare.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Have you considered a larger Subaru, like an Outback Sedan 3.0R or the Legacy 2.5GT?

The Infinity G35X sedan also probably fits the bill as a larger sedan that has AWD...

Jay

5. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

Comapared to a Chrysler 300M? I would think the Maxima would look like a German uber-sedan in comparison.

Although I agree with the recommendation, I'd go with the Maxima over the 300M any day of the week, and in that segment is the first place I'd look (unless you can budget yourself into a 5-series/E-class/A6 type sedan).

Andrew

6. Greg_R

Greg_R Screenwriter

Greg
    I have nothing positive to say about Chrysler cars and vans at all. For safety alone I would stick with the AWD Subaru (or upgrade to a larger model). You can get WRX-type engine performance in the larger models. Another option would be used (Acura, etc.).

7. Mark Larson

Mark Larson Supporting Actor

You should sell the Expedition (what an unsafe car!) for a larger wagon and keep the WRX.

8. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay

How about an Outback XT or the Legacy GT (if you don't need the ground clearence for off-roads). The two aforementioned cars have the 2.5L turbo boxer 4 like the current WRX...

Will get a ton of better gas mileage than the expedition and be fast. The one negative which is really the same as your WRX is it needs premium gas (not sure what the expedition needs?).

The Forrester XT is also a pocket rocket in a small SUV category... supposedly 0-60 in like 5.9seconds it's a sleeper..

Jay