What's new

Should I stick with my B&Ws for HT, or buy dedicated speakers? (1 Viewer)

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be building an HT system up now.. Right now I use B&W 602 S3s for my 2 channel system.

Should I build on the B&W 600 series for an HT, or should I get more dynamic/suited for HT speakers like Klipsch or whatnot?

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be building an HT system up now.. Right now I use B&W 602 S3s for my 2 channel system.

Should I build on the B&W 600 series for an HT, or should I get more dynamic/suited for HT speakers like Klipsch or whatnot?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I have B&W's all around (series 1 604,601,CC6 all mated to a HSU 1225 sub) and think they sound fantastic for music and HT.

I see no reason for you to change. Find a pair of 601s for the rears, move the 602s up front, and find a LCR for the center, add a sub. Game over!

BGL

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I have B&W's all around (series 1 604,601,CC6 all mated to a HSU 1225 sub) and think they sound fantastic for music and HT.

I see no reason for you to change. Find a pair of 601s for the rears, move the 602s up front, and find a LCR for the center, add a sub. Game over!

BGL

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I agree that you should stick with the B&W's (assuming you like the sound). B&W has two center channel options for the 600 series. By most accounts you should go for the LCR600. Many people have found the LCR60 to seem muffled and just not very clear. Definitely listen to both, but most have gone for the 600 unless money is the deciding factor.

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I agree that you should stick with the B&W's (assuming you like the sound). B&W has two center channel options for the 600 series. By most accounts you should go for the LCR600. Many people have found the LCR60 to seem muffled and just not very clear. Definitely listen to both, but most have gone for the 600 unless money is the deciding factor.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Agree. Those 602's are great for music and more than enough to accomodate HT applications. Make sure you have a strong sub. Look at the 601s for surrounds and the aforementioned center(s). You'll have a great 2ch setup that will ROCK for HT as well.

--Steve

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
Agree. Those 602's are great for music and more than enough to accomodate HT applications. Make sure you have a strong sub. Look at the 601s for surrounds and the aforementioned center(s). You'll have a great 2ch setup that will ROCK for HT as well.

--Steve

NickC

Second Unit
I use 602's for my mains, 600's for my rears and the LCR 60 for the center and I love the setup, if I had more money I would probably have bought the 601's for rears and the LCR600 for the center, but I am very happy with what I have now

NickC

Second Unit
I use 602's for my mains, 600's for my rears and the LCR 60 for the center and I love the setup, if I had more money I would probably have bought the 601's for rears and the LCR600 for the center, but I am very happy with what I have now

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I agree with all - Stick with B&W.

I use 602 (front), 601 (surround), and LCR 600 (center).

Looking (future) to get a pair of 600 (rear surround) and another set of 600 (front surround).

I use 2 10" subs. They are not B&W, however I do like the B&W subs (just too $$).

Onkyo receiver and separate Onkyo amp (fronts only).

Rob Kramer

Second Unit
I agree with all - Stick with B&W.

I use 602 (front), 601 (surround), and LCR 600 (center).

Looking (future) to get a pair of 600 (rear surround) and another set of 600 (front surround).

I use 2 10" subs. They are not B&W, however I do like the B&W subs (just too $$).

Onkyo receiver and separate Onkyo amp (fronts only).

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
If you can do it, 602s all around is the best bet!

If not, replace the Center with the LCR600.

If you can't handle 602s in the rear (or back surround), then try the 601s as needed.

Then hook up a decent sub, you'll have a great sounding HT experience for a pretty cheap price!

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
If you can do it, 602s all around is the best bet!

If not, replace the Center with the LCR600.

If you can't handle 602s in the rear (or back surround), then try the 601s as needed.

Then hook up a decent sub, you'll have a great sounding HT experience for a pretty cheap price!

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
i could do 602 all the way around, would that be better than the LCR600 in the middle?

And for sub I want SVS, just not sure which model/combo yet.

And for amplification, I figured on Rotel seperates.

James~P

Stunt Coordinator
i could do 602 all the way around, would that be better than the LCR600 in the middle?

And for sub I want SVS, just not sure which model/combo yet.

And for amplification, I figured on Rotel seperates.

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
A 602 center would probably sound better, but it might not look as good. Also, I do not think the 602s are magnetically shielded, so keep that in mind as it will likely interfere with the TV's picture if it's right on top on below the picture tube.

--steve

Steve_Ma

Second Unit
A 602 center would probably sound better, but it might not look as good. Also, I do not think the 602s are magnetically shielded, so keep that in mind as it will likely interfere with the TV's picture if it's right on top on below the picture tube.

--steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks