What's new

Should I return My Toshiba for the Panny? (1 Viewer)

John.W

Agent
I've had a Toshiba 50h82 for about 15 days now. And a couple things bug me. One, The set turned itself off once, Two, the Speaker hiss, and three, Last night when I turned it on the picture was all blue till I turned it off and back on.

I could still return it and get the Panny PT-53WX42 and save 200.00

Should I ?

Jan Strnad

Screenwriter
Should you return it? Definitely! It's defective.
Should you get the Panasonic instead of another Toshiba unit? Can't answer that for you. Whatever reasons you chose the Toshiba over the Panasonic originally, still apply. However, if getting a lemon has soured you :) on the Toshiba brand, that's understandable.
Good luck!
Jan

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I don't know details on Toshiba vs Panasonic but you should definitely return the set, it sounds like you got a defective unit. Anything that malfunctions after 15 days has got to go.

DavidEC

Stunt Coordinator
Locally I went through four Panasonic 32" TV's {Tube and other electronics that physically smoked with in 30 days of delivery} and changed over to a Tobisha 32" set and while this sets needed a some minor adjustments after delivery.. it was covered under warranty in home! Then six months later the tube started acting up {hot spots} and it was replaced under warranty. The new tube has been in now for seven months with a great picture!

--David

Dave Neth

Auditioning
Unfortunately even the best manufacturers occasionally produce a clunker and the best products can go bad. It has always interested me how a bad experience with a product can really sour someone to it - being in the technology field I constantly see it with people's outlloks and views about home computers. If you buy a Dell that happens to ship with a faulty harddrive, your view of Dell is immediately tainted, and you may choose to purchase another product from another manufaturer that may or may not be better or worse... but the point is that you didnt decide to go with this second product based on your research into the product, you decided to go with it because you had what amounts to bad luck.

And I know how dissapointing it can be when you finally get your purchase up and it is not what you wanted for one reason or another.

I guess what i am trying to say is that I think you should definitely take the faulty system back and get a new one - but that switching products based on poor luck might not be the thing to do yet. As was pointed out... the reasons you choose the Tosh in the first place are still legit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks