What's new

Should I return my RP82?? (1 Viewer)

JohnV

Auditioning
I was lucky enough to find one of these players a week ago but with the announcment of the samsung H931 player I was wondering if I should return the 82 and wait for this player. I currently have a 32 sony 4:3 set but I will be upgrading to a DLP or Plasma set that will have the DVI needed to upconvert movies to 720p. Is it a given that the samsung with a DLP or Plasma with DVI with outperform my 82 with a DLP or Plasma. I paid $240.00 for the RP-82. What shoud I do? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

TimothyE

Stunt Coordinator
There's a lot of people looking for the RP-82 right now, but that might change, depending on what's in its successor.

If you don't mind waiting for what you really want, (like me, I'd rather have the FLI2300 deinterlacer - over the 2200), I'd return it. You could take a chance on selling it on eBay after you find the player you really want, but there's a good chance you won't get your $240 back that way.

I'm considering getting one (I can get the RP-82 for $219.99 if I don't mind a lousy return policy) as well, but will probably wait.

Tim

MikeM

Screenwriter
Keep it.
Use it.
Enjoy it.

It's a great player, and if you decide to sell it later on eBay, I think you'll get your original $$$ back due to its high demand.

MikeM

Screenwriter
See, looks like you already have one person who's willing to buy it from you. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks