Should I return my RP82??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnV, Jan 13, 2003.

1. JohnV

JohnV Auditioning

I was lucky enough to find one of these players a week ago but with the announcment of the samsung H931 player I was wondering if I should return the 82 and wait for this player. I currently have a 32 sony 4:3 set but I will be upgrading to a DLP or Plasma set that will have the DVI needed to upconvert movies to 720p. Is it a given that the samsung with a DLP or Plasma with DVI with outperform my 82 with a DLP or Plasma. I paid $240.00 for the RP-82. What shoud I do? Any suggestions or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

2. TimothyE

TimothyE Stunt Coordinator

There's a lot of people looking for the RP-82 right now, but that might change, depending on what's in its successor.

If you don't mind waiting for what you really want, (like me, I'd rather have the FLI2300 deinterlacer - over the 2200), I'd return it. You could take a chance on selling it on eBay after you find the player you really want, but there's a good chance you won't get your $240 back that way.

I'm considering getting one (I can get the RP-82 for $219.99 if I don't mind a lousy return policy) as well, but will probably wait.

Tim

3. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

Keep it.
    Use it.
    Enjoy it.

It's a great player, and if you decide to sell it later on eBay, I think you'll get your original $$$ back due to its high demand.

4. MartinV

MartinV Stunt Coordinator

John, I just sent you a private message through HTF.

5. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

See, looks like you already have one person who's willing to buy it from you. [​IMG]