What's new

Should I replace these DVDs with special/better editions? (1 Viewer)

StephenA

Screenwriter
I'm new here and would like to say hi to everyone first off. Ok, on to my question should I replace these with special or better editions:

Night of the Living Dead '68

Platoon

Total Recall

Dinosaur

A Bug's Life

The Night of the Living Dead DVD was a cheap 10 dollar version, and the rest were regular, pretty much bare bones DVDs. Just wondering if I should shel out the money to update them.

TomF

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Stephen. Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure about the other titles on your list, but Night of the Living Dead is definitely worth upgrading to the Elite Entertainment version. It's a great transfer and outshines any of the bargain bin crap editions that are out there. Of course you get what you pay for, so it's a little more expensive but well worth it.
Tom

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
The "A Bugs Life" one is definately worth replacing. The Collector's edition has an Anamorphic picture, and roughly the same general features as for the Ultimate Toy Box, except it's for A Bug's Life.

Very good disc.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Definitely get the Elite Night of the Living Dead. The Platoon SE is recommended also as it has two commentaries and a nice documentary. Ain't this hobby great? :)

StephenA

Screenwriter
Yea I love this hobby. it's very addicting. I've been collecting just under a year. I have about 80 DVDs now. When I first started out I had no idea about extras and stuff, that's why I have these bare bones movies. Once I found out about it I started only getting the special editions, colector's editions, 5 star editions, etc with movies that have them. Now I think I will replace the ones that have better editions, and I'll pawn or sell the other versions.

Brad_W

Screenwriter
Regarding Dinosaur

This really depends on your preferences to "extras." There are a lot of extras on the second disc including trailers. I am not sure how "extra-downed" the single disc version is, but I personally own and enjoy the 2-disc set.

Also, keeping along the same lines of the Disney SEs, I would highly recommend the Tarzan 2-disc set. It also features cool Phil Collins music videos and other what-nots.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
I concur with the ELITE SPECIAL EDITION NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD. I had the old 10 buck version. The difference is ridiculous, ans plus you get commentary. Just make sure you get the ELITE SE and NOT the Anchor Bay Version. The Anchor version is hacked.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
You should really get the Platoon SE, it has a Oliver Stone commentary and a military consultant commentary.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks