What's new

Should I replace my Yamaha? (1 Viewer)

Jeff-Watson

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently running a Yamaha htr-5540 in my dedicated room with Polk speakers all around and a Velodyne Cht-15 sub. I am interested in upgrading to 6.1 surround but my budget is very limited. I have found the new Pioneer vsx-d812 for around $225 online. So fire away. Will I be downgrading my sound quality going to Pioneer from my Yamaha. I have noticed the 1% thd of the Pioneer to th .07% of the Yamaha. Do you think I would be better served waiting for a year or so and increasing my budget for 7.1 sound. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Evan M.

Supporting Actor
Hi Jeff. If I were you I would wait to upgrade your receiver. Going to 6.1 is nice however I do not think going from your current receiver to the pioneer would be that much of an upgrade. It seems to lateral a move. Do you like your Yamaha? If you do the rx-v1300 will probably be going on closeout this Fall. The price will be much lower and would be a good upgrade from your current receiver. I expect the price to be around the 500$ range so you may want to scrape away some more cash if that option interests you. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks