What's new

Should I recalibrate my BFD with new sub and pre/pro? (1 Viewer)

Steve Morgan

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I initially ran my frequency sweeps with a Servo 15 and Von Schweikert S/3 sub. I used the tones on the B&K REf 30. Since then I sold the Ref 30 and replaced it with the MC-1.I have sold the Servo 15 and have a PB2+ on order and have traded the MC-1 for the MC-8.will I have to run new sweeps and reset the BFD? I know I will have to set the subs to 75db's. Thanks for your help.

Cheers,
Steve

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Steve (!). Here's one data point. I did one setup:

Sony TA-E9000ES
BFD 1100p
Vandersteen V2W sub

And then switched to:

Outlaw 950
BFD 1124p
Vandersteen V2W sub

And the values for the BFD stayed exactly the same. But so did the sub too! :) So maybe doesn't help you much...

Do you do it manually, or EFT?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Steve,

Kevin is basically right. It’s the room that determines the EQ curve more than the sub. But you might have to some fine-tuning. I’ve had four different subs here, and while the overall curve “looked” the same, I did have to make some minor changes here and there to “get it right.” One factor, for instance, that might come into play is if you end up with a crossover with different slopes than you had before. This can have an affect on phase which, as we know, can affect response an octave or so above and below the crossover point.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks