What's new

Should I notice a Big Difference? (1 Viewer)

JesseA

Agent
I'm using my xbox connected with a toslink cable to my reciever currently as my CD player. I ordered a Marantz CC-4000 5 disk changer, a few days ago and I am really anxiouse for it to get here. Should I notice big jump in quality or will it be more subtle?

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, it depends on the quality of your system, for one thing. What are you using for speakers and amplification? I have not used the X-Box, but I doubt it is a high-quality CD player, using either the analog or digital outputs. The Marantz CC4000 is a quality player for the money, so you might find that the sound using the analog outputs will beat the sound of the X-Box using its digital output. This, of course, depends on the quality of the DACs in your pre-amp in addition to the quality of the X-Box as a transport. In comparing the Marantz changer and X-Box as transports, you might find that the Marantz unit is better, but again, it will depend on the quality of your system (revealing nature). I feel there definitely is potential for the Marantz changer to beat the X-Box as a CD player. Once you get the changer, let us know what you find out.

JesseA

Agent
I'm running a budget system in my room that consists of the JBL NSP1 speaker package and a JBL PB-10 Subwoofer with a Technics SADX750 reciever supposedly rated at 100x5Watts, which I'm sure is overated.

I plan hooking up the cdchanger to my reciever with a digital coax cabel. Right now the system to my untrained ear sounds great to me, so hopefully the changer will just be the iceing on the cake. If nothing else it will bring the conveinence of it's 5 disk capacity.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, it's tough to say if you will hear a difference between the Marantz changer and the X-Box as transports on your system. The obvious thing to do is test them out. ;) I seriously doubt the Marantz unit will be worse, and it could very well be better.

JesseA

Agent
Cool, thanks for your opinion Keith. I'll report my findings on Moday when I get the changer.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Jesse, no problem. Glad to help. I hope the Marantz changer works out for you. I have a hunch you will like it in relation to the X-Box.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks