What's new

should I make this sub? (1 Viewer)

hoamskilet

Grip
Real Name
Nate
Ok, need a little help with the connection part of this. I didn't realize the eq and amp use XLR connections. So what I have right now is a 50ft. coax signal cable (this one to be exact For only $8.32 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 50ft High-quality Coaxial Audio/Video RCA CL2 Rated Cable - RG6/U 75ohm (for S/PDIF, Digital Coax, Subwoofer & Composite Video) | High Quality RG6 Digital Audio 24K Gold-Plated Cable w/ Fancy Connector ) running from the sub out of the receiver over to where I had the old sub. Can I just get an RCA to XLR adapter and continue to use this cable? Or do I have to get something different?

Next question. Do I have to get a Y adapter so I can connect the mono sub cable into input 1 and input 2 on the EQ and then get two XLR cables to connect output 1 and 2 of the EQ to input 1 and 2 of the amp?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I use an RCA to 1/4" mono phono plug out of my LFE on the receiver and into the right channel of my EQ. Out of my EQ and through 55" of RG6 quad shield through the attic. From the wall plate to a Y adapter and then through a pair of RCA to 1/4" RCA mono phono plugs. I needed the Y because each channel of my Behringer amp runs a sub. You can run yours mono without the need of a Y. All of my adapters came from Radio Shack because I wanted an easy return in case they did not work.

-Robert

hoamskilet

Grip
Real Name
Nate
I'm actually running each driver off of it's own channel (each driver is wired to two ohms each running to their own channels). So if I've got this straight, I just wire it through the right channel on the EQ and they after the EQ split it with a Y adapter so I can have a signal going into each channel of the amp?

Donald Shrum

Stunt Coordinator
I had a 12" IDMAX built for my home audio. the box was sealed. It played so damn low, that i ended up swapping subs to a IDQ12 v3. But dont let anyone tell you an IDmax wont be a good home sub. its pretty damn impressive. Just make sure you put a good amount of power to it.

hoamskilet

Grip
Real Name
Nate
Alright, I need some more help here. I got everything hooked up but haven't had a chance yet to get the equalizer set up. I've got a bit of a problem though. Sitting here listening to music off my computer there isn't squat for bass. The best way I can describe it is it seems like I've got next to no power going to the subs. I can feel the subs vibrating when I touch them and the signal lights on the amp are flickering with the beat of the song, but at lower levels you can't even really tell they're hooked up. I checked the settings in my receiver and the bass is at +15. I'm at a loss right now. I figured these things would be slammin and they just aren't doing much of anything. I hooked up my old cheap sub up real quick back where i have the amp and equalizer sitting and it seemed like the output was normal for that sub. It just seems like the behringer amp isn't putting out hardly anything. suggestions? Is there any possibility this is stemming from not having the eq set up yet?

Finndog

Auditioning
Real Name
Brian
I had built a coffee table that housed 2 15" M&M Godfather speakers back in 1995. I had to get a pre amp and had to run the speakers a 8 ohms, was loud but never really sounded right or good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks