What's new

Should I keep my old Scarface DVD? (1 Viewer)

Bolivar G

Second Unit
I have the orginal scarface DVD (collector's Edition) and now I purchased the Scarface Gift set. Is there any reason to keep the OOP version? Just wondering if I should keep it or get rid of it.

Oh I might as well ask about Aliens also:D Got the orignal Aliens DVD and now I have the Quadrilogy. Any reason to keep the orignal release?
Thanks

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Ditch the old "Scarface". Terrible transfer.

No need to keep the original "Aliens" either. If you had said the original "Alien", I would have said keep that because its commentary is different then the one in the Quadrilogy set.

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
The original Alien also includes two isolated tracks, one with the score and the other production audio. I would keep the old scarface disc and use it possibly as a coaster or a frisbee....

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
one of the reasons I bought the Alien dvd because of the isolated track. Very haunting indeed

:emoji_thumbsup:

adrian b

Stunt Coordinator
concerning the ALIEN legacy vs the quad sets...

Original poster art was used for the legacy discs

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry about getting rid of the old Aliens disc. The big extra on that one is the interview with Cameron and that is on the laserdisc archive on disc 9 of the quadrilogy.

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
The old Scarface DVD has a good making of documentary which is only partially replicated on the new DVD. I've kept it for that reason alone.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, the old SCARFACE dvd has the original trailer, while this new one does not.

If you like trailers (like me), that may be a factor. I bought the old non-anamorphic Artisan DVD of AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON precisely because it had the teaser trailer while the new Universal DVD had none.

Charlie O.

Supporting Actor
Doesn't the old Scarface DVD have the original 2.0 surround mix as well. I think the new Scarface only has DD and DTS 5.1 tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks