What's new

Should I hook up my dvd player through my Samsung SIR-TS 360 hdtv receiver? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I am having hdtv installed today and saw that on the back of the Samsung DirecTv hdtv receiver that it has a 480i/480p input. I was told that it is to hook up your dvd player through. I was also told that it upconverts your 480i/480p signal to 1080i, is this true? And for those of you who have it hooked up like this, do you notice a better,same or worse picture than when it is hooked up directly to your tv? Why this is an issue is due to the fact that my hdtv only has 2 component inputs. I am actually looking for a good high bandwith video switcher but was wondering if this way will work good until I get one?

RoyGBiv

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steven Kempner
I briefly tried this. I thought the picture looked awful. I would not recommend it.

SMK

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Well I hooked up my dvd player through the Samsung receiver last night and thought it actually looked pretty good. It does look better hooked up directly to my tv but until I get a component switcher,this will just have to do.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I want to take back my last statement. After watching a few more dvd movies I have now came to the conclusion that the picture actually looks pretty bad. I need to get a VERY good component video switcher.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks