What's new

Should I hear sound out of my rear center in PLII (1 Viewer)

ZachT

Auditioning
I get sound out of my sixth speaker, the rear center. I thought PLIIx was suposed to add the rear center. I have a Denon AVR-1804. Im I supposed to get sound or is only PLIIx supposed to have sound. What do you guys think?

greg_t

Screenwriter
It probably depends on the source itself, certain network TV broadcasts and such probably wont. I thought prologic IIx was supposed to give you a rear center though.

Neil White

Supporting Actor
Does the 1804 have some setting to send the rear surround speaker(s) the same signal as the regular surrounds? If so, maybe you have that set.

I believe you are correct that PLIIx adds the rear and that PLII does not. Then again, I'm new to PLII and I could be wrong.

N

ZachT

Auditioning
The only setting for the rear center is on or off. I could hear all the chearing and clapping lastnight on the superbowl through my cable box in the rear center. It only does it on certain shows and stuff on tv.

John S

Senior HTF Member
I get it on DPLII if I turn THX EX post processing on.

So, some DPLIIx does have content and some doesn't is what your saying?

Interesting to say the least. I would take that to mean on some soruces/content it reacts more like DPLII?

keep this thread going, I am very curious on DPLIIx....

David Judah

Screenwriter
Your receiver probably just has a mode that will activate the rear center in all surround modes including regular PL II as Neil suggested(it's a common feature now).

The advantage of PL IIx is it has more sophisticated logic decoding allowing different signals for the rear center/s from the side surrounds(like having two pairs of stereo surrounds--they're not discrete, but each pair is different). It can also take a mono signal and upconvert it to 6.1 or 7.1. Those receiver modes are just duplicating information from the side surrounds.

DJ

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
With Logic 7, I get info in the rear center speaker. That said, I wouldn't find it unusual to get some sounds sent to the rear center. Especially like audience cheers, and other sounds that normally would ambient sound like echos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks