What's new

should I go with B&W - cdm1nt? (1 Viewer)

dannyG

Agent
Local salesman said he could sell me the following:

4 CDM1NT"s (2 fronts-2 rears)
1 CDMCNT (center)

all for $2400+tax

will I get good surround sound with the cdm's against the back wall? My listening area is also against the back wall, I may be able to pull it out 12-18 inches.

I am also considering Def Tech's:

sm 450's up front
BPX"s in back
clr 2000 for center

All for $2100

WAF-no towers

Mark C.

Supporting Actor
If you listened to the speakers and like them, then get them. B&W is closing out the CDM line in favor of the 700 line. The 700s are now posted on B&W's web site. I believe the 1NTs list for about $1,200, the CDMNT around $600. Normally, purchasing that much equipment, you can work the dealer for 10-15 percent off list. The dealer obviously is trying to close out whatever stock is left.

The 1NTs are fine speakers. Matched with a good sub and capable electronics, you should be OK. Try to give the speakers at least 18 inches from the wall.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Might want to give the Swan Diva line from www.theaudioinsider.com a try. The Swan's Diva's have been compared VERY favorably to the B&W Nautalis series in both fit and finish. You could get 4 2.1s and a C3 for under $1k in the Black Cherry finish. If you like the Rosewood finish you could step up to that, or put your money in better mains. For $2400 you could have 2 pairs of 6.1s and a C3 including shipping.

Also give the Onix Rockets from www.av123.com a look. If you're comfortable w/ internet direct speakers there are some amazing values to be found. If you're unsure about buying something you haven't heard, go to www.audioenvy.com and see if you can find someone in your area willing to give you a demo in their home. If you're in the atlanta area i'd be happy to let you listen to my Swan's Diva 4.1s, but I just have the mains for now and they haven't been properly broken in yet.

Hope this helps :)

Bob Saylor

Stunt Coordinator
I am using the 1NTs in front with the CNT center. I also use a pair of SVS subs. Properly crossed over with a good sub there's no way you would regret having the 1NTs. Good luck with your decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks