Should I go See Tenacious D?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Rubenstein, Mar 18, 2002.

1. David Rubenstein

David Rubenstein Stunt Coordinator

They're coming to Atlanta and I'm wondering if the show is worth the price of admission.

Anyone ever seen them before (other than on TV)?

2. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I saw them back in October in Washington DC. I say if you like their stuff, go. I am guessing it is at a smaller venue so the prices won't be too expensive. They are exactly like their album - without extra instruments. There are a couple extra acts they do and a movie - that was... funny.

3. Greg_Y

Greg_Y Screenwriter

I have a few live shows on CD and, while they include some of the same songs as the album, the feeling is different. Without the extra instruments and polish, it feels rougher and fresher. Also, alot of the stuff they don't have on the album is really good, especially the covers.

Even though I've heard it all before (I don't expect their set to change much from what I have heard), I would go see them in a heartbeat.

4. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

Dude, you gotta go see them

It's the freakin' D for crying out loud!

and come back and tell us all how it was.

5. Rusty Ray

Rusty Ray Second Unit

I'm going to the dallas show... been waiting for this for sometime.....

6. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

Live is 100 times better than the studio album- so if you dig the stuff- go!

The only probleam I had was the show in Cleveland cost $20. I can see bands twice as good for less than $7. When they came with Weezer a month later, the whole show was $23.50- so basically you got weezer for $3.50!

-Vince

7. David Rubenstein

David Rubenstein Stunt Coordinator

Well, I just went to ticketmaster and the show is sold out! Oh well, I'll catch them next time they're in town.