What's new

Should I give up my current center channel speaker, The Klipsch KLF-C7? (1 Viewer)

Luis M

Second Unit
I really like my Klipsch center channel speaker (KLF-C7) but I just bought the Paradigms 100v3 as my main and I was wondering if the system would sound better with the Paradigm CC-570 recommended center speaker or should I stick with the Klipsch? I have never had three matched front speakers so I wouldn't know better, I do know that the Klipsch is a great sounding center speaker and I would hate to sell it and then be left with a lesser quality set up. What do you guys recommend? Anybody with this set of speakers? I still have not received my new 100's so I still don't know how the combination sounds.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I went through similar calculus a few months back. Get the matching center.

I have B&W 604s and was using a Klipsch KV-2 (currently for sale, hint, hint!). I too always wanted matching speakers, and hunted down a B&W CC6. Some of the best money I have spent.

The front sound stage just sounds smooth and seamless now. Not that there was anything wrong with the Klipsch, but it never blended well with the B&Ws.

For movies, it was easy to forgive that, but I have been doing hi-rez music for over a year, and for DVD-A and SACD, it does make a noticeable difference.

Best of luck, but I would hunt down the patching Paradigm.

BGL

MikeLi

Supporting Actor
The way most think here and elsewhere is that you really need matching speakers, especially up front on all threes. You will proably get away with mixing for surrounds for awhile but will eventually want to match those as well. You should not have a problem getting rid of that Klipsch but I would go for matching without a doubt.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
The KLF-C7 is a great center channel but I think it would be better to get the matching Paradigm CC570 which is a heck of a center channel as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks