Should I Give Up Hope (Airwolf)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by RogerH, Feb 13, 2006.

1. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I've been waiting and waiting and still no news about Airwolf: Season 2. Is this a lost cause?

I've haven't heard of Universal dropping one of there shows mid-stream but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Can anybody in the 'know' shed some light on this?

2. JeffWld

JeffWld Stunt Coordinator

At present they seem to have gone silent on "Kojak", "Adam-12", "Baretta","Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries", "Night Gallery"...

3. Bob Hug

Bob Hug Screenwriter

And the remaining seasons of the 1960s version of "Dragnet." On the plus side, season 2 of "Emergency!" was released last week and season 2 of "Leave it to Beaver" is on its way.

Although I experienced very little in the way of problems with the Universal sets that I did buy (Kojak, Adam-12, Emergency!, Dragnet, Law & Order SVU), I'm guessing that numerous quality control issues contributed to keeping sales down on some of these titles. Universal probably shot themselves in the foot with poor quality control . . . all one has to do is read the numerous post at this forum, or read some of the reviews at Amazon to see the extent of the quality control problem.

4. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

I kinda figured as much but it would be nice to get 'offical' confirmation that no more sets will be coming [​IMG]

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Don't ENTIRELY give up hope that you will see future seasons of Airwolf (and the others mentioned in this thread) on DVD. But at this time is does seem to be rather unlikely that Universal will be releasing them. We'll just have to wait and see what happens next, I'm afraid...there's nothing definate about it. Sorry.

6. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

David: are you maybe implying another studio might be releasing the other set's? does universal lose the rights to airwolf or something ? or maybe i am just misunderstanding what you you meant.

7. RogerH

RogerH Supporting Actor

Thanks for the response David.

8. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

I think you're reading into it a bit too much. He's saying that it may not be a lost cause, but Universal doesn't seem interested in releasing it right now.

Gord

9. Aryn Leroux

Aryn Leroux Screenwriter

Ahh ok i thought perhaps i might have been. Thanks for clearing that up.

10. Justin Bauer

Justin Bauer Supporting Actor

I have given up and resorted to "other" means to complete the set.

11. Will_C

Will_C Second Unit

Will
    I'm looking forward to more Airwolf as well. However, since I'm one of the people who have been loudly criticizing Universal for the problems with their TV DVD discs here at the HTF, I wonder if they're just going to slow down production on some shows to focus attention on more recent shows. Or maybe there's still some personell shuffling going on over there since they were purchased last year by NBC.

Yeah, it's a shame people have to go to those "other" means sometimes when it seems the only way to get a show you've been wanting for so long. Such as Blue Thunder and Street Hawk. I'd love to have those shows (even though they were only a half season long) sitting next to the full runs of Airwolf and Knight Rider on my shelf. All the cool '80's souped up vehicles together.

12. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

I was hoping Sony would release the Blue Thunder complete series (11 episodes) when they release their upcoming special edition of the BT movie. Looks like they're going to miss a good marketing opportunity, which tells me they have no plans whatsoever for the series.