What's new

Should I get the Panny RP62 instead of RP56? (1 Viewer)

Daniel Mc

Agent
I thought it was bad enough trying to decide between the Toshiba 3750/4700 and Panny RP56. I finally decided on the RP56 (which I can't get locally), when I discovered the RP62 at Circuit City for the same price as online ($179)! But...is it at least as good is my question.

I know it's new, but will anyone with experience tell me what it's like?

Also, does anyone have a good comparison of the "guts" of the two players (rp56 vs 62)? (Are they essentially the same?)

I must get to the bottom of this so I can finally start enjoying DVD! Thanks for any help you can offer.

Stefan A

Second Unit
I don't have any of the players, but I have an opinion. If you decided on the 56, then go for the 62. From what I have read, the 62 is its replacement - which more features. Plus, the price is better. Myself, I am waiting for the 82.

MichaelW

Stunt Coordinator
I got the RP56 not too long ago and have loved it.

My understanding is that it is essentially the exact same from a DVD (video and audio) perspective, but that is has significantly more options from an purely audio perspective (plays CD-R's and MP3's etc. which the 56 won't).

I only use mine for DVD playback and that is it so the difference is negligible for me, but for you the cheaper price makes it a go...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks