Should I get the Panny RP62 instead of RP56?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Mc, Jun 15, 2002.

1. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Agent

I thought it was bad enough trying to decide between the Toshiba 3750/4700 and Panny RP56. I finally decided on the RP56 (which I can't get locally), when I discovered the RP62 at Circuit City for the same price as online ($179)! But...is it at least as good is my question.

I know it's new, but will anyone with experience tell me what it's like?

Also, does anyone have a good comparison of the "guts" of the two players (rp56 vs 62)? (Are they essentially the same?)

I must get to the bottom of this so I can finally start enjoying DVD! Thanks for any help you can offer.

2. Daniel Mc

Daniel Mc Agent

^

3. Stefan A

Stefan A Second Unit

I don't have any of the players, but I have an opinion. If you decided on the 56, then go for the 62. From what I have read, the 62 is its replacement - which more features. Plus, the price is better. Myself, I am waiting for the 82.

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

If you're into MP3s, the RP62 will most definitely impress.

5. MichaelW

MichaelW Stunt Coordinator

I got the RP56 not too long ago and have loved it.

My understanding is that it is essentially the exact same from a DVD (video and audio) perspective, but that is has significantly more options from an purely audio perspective (plays CD-R's and MP3's etc. which the 56 won't).

I only use mine for DVD playback and that is it so the difference is negligible for me, but for you the cheaper price makes it a go...