What's new

Should I get Outlaw 7100 to drive Polk LSi9's? (1 Viewer)

donatelloA

Auditioning
I been hearing mixed reviews on whether or not i should get an amp for my system. I have a Pioneer elite VSX-35TX receiver and are getting the new Polks LSi9's today. I have never used an AMP before, so i am not educated on whether or not it will be 1) safer for my reciever and 2) sound better.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
1) It should actually benefit your receiver, because it won't have to work so hard. I will say this again, it's not the receiver you run the risk of damaging by having insufficient power, it's the speakers that will fry first. 2) The 9s should sound noticably better with the amp.

What about a center channel? You'll be wanting a LSiC next :D

donatelloA

Auditioning
I have the Pioneer Elite center, BUT could be persuaded to lookat another to match (my wife loves to match everything). Will they sound better than the Elite center?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I wouldn't worry about surrounds too much, but matching the front three is a bigger deal. It's not so much that the LSiC will be better (I'd expect it will be), but more that having the proper timbre match up front is a very worthwhile upgrade, and I recommend it if it is feasible and the wife agrees. This is not like buying a DVD because it is the same brand as your TV, there is a real benefit to it.

My speakers are not unlike LSi9s (MTM, 4 Ohm) and matching the fronts was never a question for me. Actually, all three of my mains are the same speaker:

A/V-2

I also have LSi7s that I tried out in my bedroom system, and I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks