1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Should I get an amp? If yes which one?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by Patrick Nevin, Jul 15, 2005.

1. Patrick Nevin

Patrick Nevin Stunt Coordinator

Well I have been reading allot lately that separates sound better and I am interested in getting an amp for my Klipsch KLF-20's, RC-7, and RS-7. My room is 12x8x8, with a Denon 2801 90 watt per channel receiver. Is that enough power for the Klipsch's? I have been looking at the B&K 125.5 & 200.5 because I have read that B&K mesh well with Klipsch speakers & make the speakers sound less bright. Any thoughts? Opinions?

2. Arthur S

Arthur S Cinematographer

Your room is rather small and the Klipsch speakers are rather efficient. You already have enough power.

Do you find the Klipsch too bright? Amp differences are subtle, don't expect a big difference.

I might think in terms of a THX receiver rather than a new amp if you really feel the need for a change. THX post processing can give a warmer, fuller sound to any speakers.

3. Patrick Nevin

Patrick Nevin Stunt Coordinator

Arthur,

Thanks for letting me know that the Denon is enough power for the Klipsch's in my room. I thought that they may need a little more power but wasn't shure. I don't know if the speakers are bright or just detailed in sound, but watching movies last night they sounded good. I might buy a new receiver in the future but not now.