What's new

Should I "E" focus or Manual/Optical Focus first (1 Viewer)

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
I plan on opening up my new Panny PT47WX52 tommorrow and doing the manual and E focus. Should I "E"/Manual/"E" focus or the other way as per instructions on Panny.tv? Thanks

Kevin

Andre*C

Agent
usually if you do the e focus after the manual it will undo everything you did uless it memorizes it. just do manual.

Ming Wang

Agent
hmm? how can an e-focus reset your manual focus? when you do manual focus you need to move some screws and fasten them after you are done. the e-focus is in completely different position and you change some electronically. it can't reset or undo what you did with manual focus.

I did both, manual first then e-focus. however, I found that the factory settings were quite good.

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

I normally do e-focus first ... then M-focus ... and after that ... if you really want to ... do E-focus again. No big deal.

Regards

Justin H

Stunt Coordinator
Let us know how it turns out, Kevin. I'm interested to see if it was as good as mine out of the box.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
What Michael said. I always do electronic, then mechanical, then electronic again.

You do the mechanical from the back of the set (on the Pannys). Cover the other lenses over when doing this.

Regards

Gregg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks