What's new

Should I do it? (1 Viewer)

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
ok I've come across a listing on here for someone selling the same sub I've got with my Energy Take 5 system if he gets back to me I'm compteplating (SP?)buying it and running dual subs in my system. My question is the Takes sound great as they are and I've got them setup in my living room which is aproximately 18x18x8 and they fill the room nicely would a 2nd sub be too overpowering or do you think it would just reinforce an already great sounding system? My other thought is that in getting this 2nd sub that later when I get a house I'll probably have the system in a larger room and with having the 2 subs that will help give a little better fill in a larger room.

So what do you guys think?? think I should do it or just stick with 1 for now?

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I say go for it. I was in a similar position a couple of years ago when I bought my subs. I found a good price on some 8" passive subs on ubid and I was trying to decide whether I should get one or two. Despite the fact that I was living in an apartment so I'd never get to blast them I ordered two of them. I definitely made the right decision, I've since moved into a house and I still have more bass than I know what to do with.

JeremyFr

Supporting Actor
yeah these would both be powered they're the Energy EXL-S8 if I remember the model correctly so I'd have 200 watts RMS and 800 watts peak power between the 2 of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks