What's new

Should I buy Twin Peaks: Season 1 without viewing the pilot? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Porter

Supporting Actor
I'm just wondering if I would miss very much or wouldn't enjoy it as much. But I just don't want to put up with the hassle of bidding on eBay.com. What do ya'll think?

~Kevin

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
If you've NEVER seen Twin Peaks, by all means wait on the set and get the pilot first. It sets the tone of the series marvelously, introduces the characters, etc. ---In my opinion, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by skipping the pilot and starting with episode 1.
My copy of the pilot arrived from Hong Kong today... I used the "buy it now" feature on eBay, which eliminated the bidding process, on Jan. 15th. I paid immediately through PayPal, and the disc was shipped on the 16th. Twelve days later, it's here! All in all, pretty painless.
I saw the show in its original run, so I already know all the surprises... but to respect the narrative flow of the story, I waited on getting the set until the pilot arrived. I guess I can get it now... ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Kevin,

Do a search for my review.

I saw the boxed set first before seeing the pilot.

You *CAN* watch it this way, and you'll quickly

get recapped on what you missed.

If you can get the PILOT first, by all means

do that. Otherwise, don't hold off on the set

just because you don't have the pilot.

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
But I just don't want to put up with the hassle of bidding on eBay.com.
Kevin,

I don't know where you are located, but I actually bought my copy at Kim's Video, a brick & mortar store here in NYC. And last I checked amazon.com had the pilot as well.

Ted

Tom-G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Thomas
Where I can acquire the Twin Peaks pilot? I presume it's not available on DVD.

I've been wanting to watch this series, but I have conflicting information on what to do. I've been told that I must watch the pilot, but Ron said that the season is watchable without viewing the pilot. I don't know what to do. Help!

Bill McCamy

Second Unit
Real Name
Gasim de Paris
Check out the faq for most of the info you are seeking. The pilot is available on e-bay. Mine was less than $20, and arrived within a week of ordering.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks