What's new

Should I buy the Samsung HD931 ? (1 Viewer)

MarcEstrada

Agent
I had a HD931 but returned it. Long load times and very bad IR. If you want a DVI player now, I would recommend the Bravo D1. Atleast you can do 1x1 mapping with the Bravo.

Or you could wait unitl 1Q 2004 for a WM9 DVD player with HDMI. :D

anthony_b

Screenwriter
Marc, I was thinking about the Bravo but it's only $50 cheaper and your dealing only with one vendor as opposed to getting it locally and having the ability to return it at a store....Maybe I'll settle for a decent $120 progressive player until something better comes along.

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
I know someone selling a Panasonic RP82 if you're interested.
I could put you in touch.
That's progressive (Faroudja DCDi) and DVD-A
also under $300

I have one and enjoy it.

MarcEstrada

Agent
Maybe I'll settle for a decent $120 progressive player until something better comes along.
That's one reason why I returned my HD931. I'm not allowed to post links yet, but do a google search for:

WM9 dvd player

The first link leads to an article about MS, it's dealing w/ Joe Kane, and Samsung's plans for a WM9 DVD player to be realesed in January.

Instead of waiting years for blue-ray HD-DVD players, HD-DVD will be possible with existing red-ray technology.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks