What's new

Should I buy an Amp for 2802? (1 Viewer)

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I own a Denon 2802 and am looking into getting a parasound Halo amp for my Klipsch RF3II's. Does anyone think that this is a good idea? Will I notice a diffrence? I read here on HTF and a member said the amp was TOO warm. If that's true I think it would be a great match for the Klipsch.
-Is the Denon 2802 a good pre amp? I want to cut down on some of the noise I get. It's hard to hear but I can.
Thanks for any help:emoji_thumbsup:

Geno

Supporting Actor
Mathew, look ath the thread on the receiver forum under
"NEW AMP... IS IT WORKING?" that should give you an idea of what a seperate power amp can add to your audio bliss

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
In my opinion adding a decent amp to ANY receiver even the flagship ones will be an improvement over the receivers amps.

Kevin

Amir

Agent
I had Denon 2800 with Paradigm 60's. I tried a Rotel 5x100 amp and there was very little difference, then I tried Parasound 2205 5x220 and the sound was considerably better more clear and detailed. Try it first and if the improvement is worth the dollars make the decision. In my case the sound quality was overwhelming. The Parasound amp can be gotten at great prices these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks