What's new

Should I buy a Pansonic DMR-E95HS DVD Recorder? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
I’ve read that this unit will be replaced in May. Upon searching I've found that it can be had “New” in the mid to upper $400’s. Any reason to wait for the new line?

Well, if it's the model I'm thinking of, it can't do RW, which is a drawback, but it has DVD-RAM, which is a dual sided disc that writes at random spots and whatever speed you should choose. Panasonic says you can record up to 16 hours. Panasonic was rated number 1 in DVD recorders not too long ago by consumer reports. I also believe you have to use the Panasonic discs for DVD-RAM, only. It has time slip also, where you can watch what you have recorded while you are recording. I haven't heard anything about the new model, but 400 for a 120 GB hard drive, why not?

Phil Tomaskovic

Supporting Actor
The new models are supposed to boot up faster and allow you to do things like edit one program while recording another. I guess it depends on price and how long you want to wait. I know some people are unhappy with some changes in the 85/95 vs the 80. But I doubt we will get them back in the new models.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Thanks guys. I've had the DMR-E95HS for a few days now. It won't accept some TDK DVD-R's I just bought. It burns Panasonic DVD-RAM & Panasonic DVD-R's just fine. I didn't know there still was a media compatibility issue with these recorders. Good thing I didn't buy a huge "cake" of these discs!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks