1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Should I buy a floor model? (Mit 65869)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Hinson, Sep 10, 2002.

1. Dan Hinson

Dan Hinson Stunt Coordinator

Dan Hinson
    My local Conns is willing to price match All-Star Audio Video in Houston. The TV in question is a Mitsubishi 65869 and the price is $3299.

Here’s my dilemma: (At either store) only the floor model is available.

At Conns I asked the salesman how long the unit had been on display and he said 6 months! Additionally, I asked if the contrast had been reduced and he said no.

I am thinking “no” in terms of a purchase. I think $3300 would be a good deal if the TV was brand new, but not a 6-month-old demo model.

Still, I thought I would post and get additional advice.

2. Les Holt

Les Holt Agent

No!

Too much risk with an RPTV that's been on demo.

It's been run 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. That alone would cause concern considering the fact that CRT's have a limited life span.

More important, no one has paid careful attention to proper set up or avoiding static images that cause burn in.

Pay a little more and get a new set. That's my advice.

Les

3. Kevin_Kr

Kevin_Kr Supporting Actor

Are you willing to travel to dallas for that price on a new one? Email me and let me know if you are.

4. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

6 months of demo use at full contrast has probably really shortened the life of the CRTS...I would not go for it..

5. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

I agree with the others and your initial decision. Have your tried Home Theater Store (I bought my Mits, when I lived in Houston from the Westheimer store)? They almost price matched internet price...plus, they gave me a good price on an extended warranty.

Good Luck
    Ron