What's new

Should I buy a Denon DVD-2900 from etronics.com for $799? (1 Viewer)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Has anyone else ordered a 2900 from them? Will Denon not honor my warranty if I have a problem? I'm not having any luck getting a local (Atlanta) merchant to come close to that price.

Stephen M

Stunt Coordinator
No. The price you want is unrealistic from a business that maintains a store with floor demos and salesman who know their business and are usually paid on commission. Denon WILL NOT honor any warranty on sales from unauthorized dealers. If you want to take a chance, thats up to you, but don't complain if the player is faulty and you cannot get service. The net is full of people whose only concern is lowest price until something goes wrong, at which point the complaints about manufacturers like Denon fill the forums. It seems difficult for a lot of people to understand the importance of B&M dealers to both manufacturers and customers. I for one want the best price, but I have dealt with the same dealer for years and he always gives me a fair price because he knows I will come back. I suggest you consider cultivating a good dealer and a knowledgable saleman :)

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Stephen, thanks for the feedback. Good Advice! So what would be a "reasonable" B&M price? Do I have to pay MSRP for this unit?

RickLe

Stunt Coordinator
Why not try the 2200. I paid under $550 from a local brick and mortar and the video quality is the same as the 2900, the only drawback is in the audio but it does also play DVD-A and SCAD's. I looked at both but honestly I don't have calibrated ears and the music quality to me was the same.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Rick: Thanks for the feedback! In my case (with my eyesight) the video performance is secondary. On the other hand, audio performance is paramount, "All other priorities rescinded"!

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
I got my 2900 for $750 from my local dealer. But that was during a private blow out sale right before Thanksgiving. I have bought a lot from the same guy. The normal price was $899, the sale price was $799, but I got him to knock another $50 off because I was also buying $1300 worth of speakers at the same time (I might have bought more, but my car couldn't hold anymore). Talk about a great sale, I got $2900 worth of stuff for $2050.

John Pine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Pine
Brian: Wow! Congrats, Great Deal! Brian was that from a "National Chain" like Tweeter/HiFi Buys or a local/regional dealer? Good info, thanks.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
It was from a local dealer in St. Louis. Not quite a Mom and Pop store, but they only have 2 stores and a fairly laid back pricing structure (They make it look formal with a listed price for everything, but as you can see it is really up to the sales person to give you bigger discounts.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks