What's new

Should I angle the rear 6.1 speaker down? (1 Viewer)

JeanB

Grip
My room is 13ft by 20 ft with 8 1/2 ft ceiling. I understand that I should have the L/R speakers at the same height as the center speaker and these three speakers aimed directly at the seating position. I understand that the L/R surrounds should be on either side of the seating position and about 2 or 3 feet above ear height and aimed straight across the room at each other.
The rear surround will go on the rear wall. I understand that about 6 1/2 ft elevation is the ideal height and it should be directly behind the seating position. This rear wall is about 3 1/2 ft behind the seating position.
My question is, do I aim this rear speaker directly forward or do I tilt it down to aim directly at the seating position?

DonnyD

Screenwriter
Personally, I prefer mine aimed directly at the seating area. Then again, some chaning around while running some dynamic source material should help you decide which is best for you.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
How about trying it out both ways and seeing which works better? I'd start by not pointing it at the listener.

Theoretically, none of the surrounds should be pointed directly at the listening position, but we do not always have "perfect" rooms for speaker positioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks