What's new

Should I add a second sub to system? (1 Viewer)

Daniel T

Stunt Coordinator
I have recently purchased Axiom home theater speakers. The speaker set came with the EP125. My existing system before I made the upgrade had an Infinity BU2 sub. The BU2 sub is a downfiring 12" woofer with a port on the side. I always found this sub a little boomy at times. I have not calibrated my system yet but I wanted to get some advice about adding the sub to the Axiom speakers to go along with the EP125. I find the EP125 has tight bass which I like. I am placing the BU2 sub over carpet and wondered if this had any affect on the sound produced by the BU2 sub. I have thought about adding a solid piece of plywood about 3 to 4 inches off the bottom of the sub and even considered building a new frontfiring box using the existing speaker and amp. I would like some advice on what I should do with the extra Infinity sub. Should I leave the sub out or add it to my new speaker system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Daniel

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Daniel, I would highly suggest purchasing, if you haven't already, a Rat-Shack SPL meter and either the AVIA or Video Essentials DVD to calibrate your system with either or both of your subs. Then, use the spl meter and a tone-generator and plot out your hz/spl graph. I'm sure you will be extremely surprised at the look of the graph. You probably have some peaks and valleys that could be fixed with a Behringer Feedback Destroyer. I fixed my response curve with the BFD and it has made a whole lot of difference in the sound!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks