What's new

Should HTF Incorporate and buy MGM? (1 Viewer)

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
Okay, lets look at it. MGM is for sale for a paltry 6 billion. Cool! With 23000 members, that works out to a measly 260,000 (or so) per member - a small price to pay to belong to such a vuanted and sacred society such as the HTF!
Being as we're all such good buddies of the current CEO of MGM, I'm sure he'll take 12 months equal payments, just like Sears, so we're down to only 21,700 per month, per member.
Just think, we could release all the bloody DVD's we wanted from the MGM extensive library, and give special exclusive deals to ourselves!
So...who's in?! :D

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I think we'd bankrupt the company with the SEs we'd be doing ;) I know my share better buy me a Bill &Ted: Excellent Edition! :)

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
I'm in! I just need to run home and collect all my returnables.
Do you think we could hire all of ourselves? All of us could be VP of something. I nominate myself to be VP of the casting couch ;)
I better watch it, I don't want to get myself banned from the HTF!

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
would that include the rights to do Buckaroo Banzai 2? Peter Weller has nothing better to do ;)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Maybe we can pay for the Mad World restoration. Robert Haris are you out there? We have some work for you! :D

Paul Wu

Stunt Coordinator
Here's an idea.
Let's say HTF incorporates and of the 23,000 members has bought a share in HTF @ $1. Ron also has shares, and let's say he's got 23,001 shares, so he's got majority control over HTF. So the total shares in HTF is 46,001. We'd offer Kerkorian a nice share swap, for 41% of his 81% stake in MGM, we'll issue and swap him 23,000 new shares in HTF. He's now got his original 40% of MGM, he's got 23,000 shares in HTF, and HTF now owns controlling interest in MGM. His ownership and value is diluted, but with our/Ron's management capabilities, the MGM share price would appreciate. HTF could then go public to generate more captial for investment purposes and Kerk's value would also increase. So there a win/win situation.
So it should look something like this:
Before
HTF, Inc.
Ron - 51%
Members - 49%
MGM
19% - outstanding
81% - Kerkorian
After the share swap,
HTF, Inc.
Ron - 51%
Members - 25%
Kerkorian - 25%
MGM
19% - outstanding
40% - Kerkorian
41% - Owned by HTF Inc.
Just a thought, hell I probably screwed something up along the way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks