Should Enterprise move to Tuesday nights?...

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by todd s, Oct 2, 2003.

1. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

The ratings came in from last night (Wed.10/1) and Smallville handily beat Enterprise. And most people(not all) who watch Smallville will also watch Enterprise. I figure it would be better for UPN to take their chances and move the show to Tuesday's at 8pm.

Please don't turn this into an Enterprise bashing thread.

2. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor

It would probably be a good idea for them to do that. Of course it wouldnt affect me since Im stuck watching on Sundays on space in Canada. Of course I would like them to move their slot as well since I have to choose between watching Enterprise or Cold Case(eastern feed) once the simpsons start again.

3. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    No bashing here but I dont think it would help Enterprise a whole lot.
    Overall people arent happy with it as you can see from the ratings last night.

Enterprise's overnight ratings dropped sharply when faced with competition from the Smallville season premiere last night.

According to Mediaweek.com's Programming Insider, Enterprise's "Rajiin" earned a 4.0 rating/6 share. This means that approximately 4% of American households with television sets were tuned to Enterprise, while last night's episode was viewed by 6% of households watching television at the time.

Last week the show earned a 4.4/7 overnight rating for "Extinction."

Smallville, which debuted a new episode in the 8 p.m. timeslot on the WB, opened its third season with a 6.7/11 rating, putting the show in third place for the hour.

Smallville outperformed last-place Enterprise by 67 percent, and had ratings 43 percent higher than the Dawson's Creek season premiere in that time slot a year ago.

4. Jason Seaver

Jason Seaver Lead Actor

Tuesday at 8pm would probably be a good slot for them, though not as good an idea as being good enough to choose over Smallville anyway. [​IMG] And it's not like UPN has anything entrenched or terribly popular in the Tuesday slot that the move would be disrupting. If UPN were to decide to get away from competition, there's not better place for them to go.

But, you know, I kind of like the idea of Enterprise having some strong, direct competition. Make them earn our loyalty.

5. Jonathan Dagmar

Jonathan Dagmar Supporting Actor

6. Greg_S_H

Greg_S_H Executive Producer

Greg
    It'd be good for me. I'm not usually in at 7, and I'm having to use two VCRs to record the shows. Of course, I could wait for the Saturday replay of Enterprise, but I'd rather not.

7. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

It would probably mean that I would stop watching it, since I'm out Tuesday night, and I don't really have any desire to record it.

Jason

8. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Absofrigginlutely!

It'd be great for me as well. I tape both Enterprise and Smallville, to time-shift and commercial-skip. Right now it's a real pain b/c I can't get Enterprise on Sunday re-air, due to recording TAKEN 9-11. Can't switch tapes to change for those 2. I VCR is messed up and the main TV room is usually tied up watching movies.

9. Nelson Au

Nelson Au Executive Producer

I thought about this too.

Another option, if Jake 2.0 fails, move Enterprise to 9:00pm on Wednesday. Or switch them, but then if you like Smallville, you may like Jake too. 9:00pm was the time slot for past Trek shows.

But don't count out that timeslot yet, according to this from the trekweb site:

"In more positive news for ENTERPRISE, the fast national demographic information reported by The Futon Critic indicate that "Rajiin" may have earned the highest numbers in key categories this season. With a preliminary figure of 2.0 in the Adults 18-49 category, the episode could be a season three high. The early household estimate of 2.6/4 could also be in line with a current season high of 2.6/5 and an improvement on last week's 2.5/4 (story). These numbers may be adjusted when final ratings data is released.

Fast national data is collected differently than overnight ratings, using people meters throughout major markets in the country. For an explanation, see The Futon Critic."

10. MikeFR

MikeFR Supporting Actor