What's new

Should early adoptors fully support Fox with their higher priced BRD? (1 Viewer)

MarekM

Supporting Actor
I just checked few preorders...

list price is same 39.98, but at least amazon corrected prices to 27.95 from 35.99

for Mr. & Mrs. Smith, Thomas Crown Affair, Dances With Wolves, Ice Age, Dodgeball , etc....

Marek

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough

Thanks for the info. While I don't like the prices, that's certainly something I can live with for the one or two of those I wanted. But I wasn't going to spring for $36 on a single film.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It looks like Paramount, Disney and Warner have reduced the MSRP of the titles that have been released theatrically over the course of this past year by $5.00. So instead of $39.99 MSRP we have $34.99 starting at the end of July. I can only hope that other studios follow their leads including Fox. Also, again, they need to address catalog pricing if and when Fox starts releasing such HD optical product again.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, on several of my "double-dips" I now pay less for the current HD DVD than I did for the previous SDVD.

Cees

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To answer the original question.......NO! I would like to upgrade my KOH disc, but I'm not going to spend 40 bucks on a bare bones release. Of course, right now the response seems redundant, since FOX is not releasing anything whether it is cheap or expensive.

This one hasnt. The only fox title I ever picked up was when I had some store credit to blow, and picked up the Omen (one of the better horror movies to have been released in the past few years, miles ahead of Scott's bloated epic) but back on topic, the store credit made the purchase less obscene. Their prices are laughable, but then again so are most of their recent releases and since they havent digged too deep into their back catalogue I havent been put to the test.

StevenW

Second Unit
I have 0 Fox titles. They dont have any titles that I REALLY want. If they were priced like Warner I'm sure I would have several of theirs by now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks