What's new

Should BTTF Be re-mastered, Effects wise for a DVD release? (1 Viewer)

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I'd say Jason feels very strongly about his opinion. Me, I say "no." Leave films the way they were originally shown. I didn't even like the new STAR TREK: TMP. Sold it a week after I bought it.

Gruson

Second Unit
NO!!

Clean them up a bit but do NOT screw up Back to the Future like Lucas screwed up Star Wars....

When I say clean them up, I mean clean them up the way Lucas did with the THX releases in 1993.

NO new sound or visual effects, PLEASE!

I cannot believe E.T. is now ruined too.

DeepakJR

Second Unit
Real Name
Deepak
i think redoing the effects is a good idea. that is, if u also think that they should colorize Citizen Kane, pave the rainforest, release Ben-Hur in 1:1 aspect ratio, and make OAR illegal. the simple answer is...................

NO

BTTF was meant to be seen like that and thats how Spielberg and Zemeckis want it. In this case i prefer the movies how they were shown in theaters. Although i never saw any of them in the theater and the original was released 2 years before i was born, i still find the BTTF trilogy awesome in every way which makes it my favorite movie. so again, no, the effects do not need to be redone.

L8rz,

Deepak Jr.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,
actually, the effects of the BTTF discs _are_ being updated. Crispin Glover also finally _has_ agreed to appear in Part 2 as the scenes with the fake George are quite bad so they're reshooting his scenes and insert him digitally into the film. There are still negotiations with Claudia Wells, that's why the R1 release is being delayed until December.
But all that's not a problem as Universal in their grace and wisdom have decided to also release a special ultimate collector's box set for us purists which contains both the old and the new cuts together with the scripts, soundtracks film cells and an original door of a Delorean for the bargain price of $5000. This will be the only way to get the old cuts of the films. The set will only be available for 24 hours, so hurry and get it while you can. :D
Obviously, my real answer is "NO"!
Chris

Mat_R

Grip
That idea is worse than a screen door on a battleship.

Now make like a tree and get outa here!!!

HybridMATRiX

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
[Simulated Mark Hamill Voice] NOOOOooooooooooo..... [/Simulated Mark Hamill Voice]
Cees

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
BTTF is mostly a character-driven, "humanistic" SCI-FI series. It doesn't need great SFX, and the stuff that's there is more than adequate.
SO the answer is NO!
Sheesh! What's the next suggestion? To totally CGI the creatures in Ray Harryhausen's Sinbad series??

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
No! First they start with the special effects, then before you know it... Biff will shoot first ;)

Douglas Kalon

Stunt Coordinator
Personally I don't have a problem with directors or some other member of the film's crew going back and touching up their films.

But they should always offer the original version that was in the theater's.

George Lucas has gotten a little crazy with the Star Wars film's. He seems to forget that the original versions of the Star Wars trilogy is what made him what he is today. If it wasn't for the original versions of the Star Wars films he wouldn't be a multi-millionare that he is today. He should offer the original trilogy in their ORIGINAL forms when he does offer them on DVD. He should not turn his back on these films in their original theatrical versions. Offer the original versions and what ever Spruced up FX driven, footage added Super-duper Special Editions he will some day release.

It is OK to go back and re-do special effects, add footage or what-ever, but always offer the Original versions.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
If the Director wishes to make changes, then let him do it.

Too many hypocrits on this forum. Either it's the directors film, or it's not.

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
If the Director wishes to make changes, then let him do it.

Too many hypocrits on this forum. Either it's the directors film, or it's not.
I don't really care if they make changes as long as they provide the original film that we all know and love. The latest screwjob with the original E.T. only being available in a $70 gift set is an insult to fans everywhere.

To want to go back and make changes is normal. To pretend like the originals don't exist anymore after the changes are made is asinine.

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Have you guys ever noticed that Luke's scream sounds...exactly like the Emperrors scream from Jedi? I knew the scream was added, but didn't realize it sounded so much like the Emperror until a friend pointed it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks